29"

Camilla was glad to be back home

Camilla was glad to be back home. She adored Hogwarts, she loved it so much. But nothing could quite beat home. As she landed outside with her parents she looked to her home with a soft smile. Her siblings were home for Christmas and she was so excited to see them. A gentle low from the lights inside was visible through the rickety windows and Camilla took a breath to breathe in the fresh air. She closed her eyes and could hear the quacking of the ducks and rustle of the wind in the trees. There was nothing else like it.

From the outside the Prewett house looked fairly big. It looked like an old farm house and was covered in ivy and wisteria that wrapped and withered around the windows and doors. However, in the inside, it was more of a warren of corridors with lots of small cosy rooms dotted around. It was sort of like a rabbit warren and Molly and Arthur had named their new home, the Burrow, as a joke and commemoration of Mollys childhood home.

Camilla could tell the fire was roaring by the smoke that was puffing out of the chimney upon the roof that was covered in a layer of moss. It almost didn't look like a man made house but like it was a part of the land around it. Over the centuries it had seemed to morph into the views around it. Walking into the front porch camilla would have to tip toe over the many discarded pairs of muddy shoes that had been left there and ducked so the drying herbs dangling from the ceilings didn't get caught in her hair. She would always smiled as she saw the two pairs of wellington boots on each side of the door frame, belonging to her mother and father. They really did enjoy their gardening.

Like clockwork, Camilla would always check above the doorway before she entered. Fabien and Gideon had worked that ritual into her. She had failed to do so many times and each time faced the consequences.

Stepping into the hallway and onto the cracked stone slabs covered with a worn rug, she sighed as the smell of fresh bread filled the house. It seemed that Molly must have baked some. She could hear her siblings laughing from the kitchen and she was far to excited to see them all. Rushing in was her first mistake.

As her foot had crossed the threshold into the kitchen a loud bang exploded and Camilla jumped out of her skin as thousands of confetti and bright lights exploded around the kitchen.

Doris let out a shriek of surprise while Gavin merely chuckled.

"Every time" One of the men sighed, a head full of red hair

"I know" the other nodded with a smile, with matching hair hair and matching features, "you would think at some point she would have learnt by now" 

Camilla couldn't help the grin that broke out onto her face, "Idiots"

"Thank you ever so much Cami" Fabien spoke sarcastically, sidelling up beside her and throwing an arm around her shoulder pulling her into his side affectionately

"We've missed you squirrel" Gideon laughed, putting his arm around Camilla's other shoulder

Camilla rolled her eyes at the nickname. As children camilla would often be left out of her siblings games, being much younger, and claimed that her best friend was the squirrel in the large oak tree in the back of the garden rather than any of her siblings. Though it wasn't true. She adored all of them unbelievably. The boys had laughed and the nickname had stuck.