56"

As quickly as their sixth year had started, it had finished and Camilla found herself particularly excited for her summer break

As quickly as their sixth year had started, it had finished and Camilla found herself particularly excited for her summer break. Sure, she had to try and get a job at some point, but the prospect didn't alter her positive attitude to the upcoming weeks. upon reminiscing upon the past year, Camilla was especially chuffed with herself. She'd done pretty well grades wise and had been, in her opinion, a pretty decent quidditch captain. Not to mention she had only just gone and won the bloody house cup!

Camilla wondered what her seventh year would entail and hoped that it would be as good as the previous. She also hoped Professor McGonagall had recognised the efforts she had made for the team. She had worked so hard the past year and prayed that it had been noticed. She couldn't even imagine not being captain next year, it would absolutely crush her. Her and James had promised each other before boarding the train that whatever the outcome of the quidditch captaincy for their seventh year, there would be no bad blood. Camilla wasn't too sure if a little bit of jealously was included within that promise, because if James was the new captain, she didn't think she'd be able to help it.

James had become a very good friend of hers over the past year and she hoped that it would continue into the next. It was quite shocking to find that they did in fact get along, extremely well for that matter, and worked excellently together.

Camilla thought back to the day at the lake. When they had almost kissed.

She had been thinking about it a lot.

James hadn't mentioned it to her since,  so she had decided to push it to the back of her mind and put it down to a lapse of judgement, spurred by the spiked butter-beers provided by the marauders.

Although James may have not mentioned it to Camilla, he sure had mentioned it to the marauders.

In fact, they were quickly becoming far too fed up with having to listen to James gush about it.

"I hope the quidditch captaincy doesn't cause any arguments between Prewett and I" James said with a sigh, looking out of the Hogwarts express window on the way to king's cross as the scenery became a blur around them, "especially after our almost kiss and all"

Sirius, Remus and Peter all looked to each other unimpressed.

"We know Prongs" Peter said in annoyance, "You've said so a million times. We get it"

"Christ wormtail!" James replied, "No need to be so blunt"

"He's right, mate" Remus nodded, "It is a headache"

James smiled at them sarcastically for all their help.

"if you're that unable to get over it mate, just speak to Prewett?" Sirius shrugged, tossing a Bertie Botts Bean into his mouth and scrunching his nose up in disgust, "Ugh! Bogey"

"And make her believe that it's all I've been thinking about?" James asked horrified at the thought, "Absolutely not!"

"But it is all you've been thinking about" Sirius said harshly, "You've not shut the fuck up about it since it happened!"