23"

At training the next day, Camilla had found herself relived to be, so called,  friends with James

At training the next day, Camilla had found herself relived to be, so called, friends with James.

Over the course of the year he had upped the push ups from twenty to forty, and now back to twenty.

Camilla guessed his friendship did have perks after all.

"I'm ever so glad James has decreased the push ups again" Rachel leaned over to Camilla, whispering

Camilla was inclined to agree.

"Don't let him hear you, he'll triple it just through spite"

The pair of them laughed as marlene approached them.

"It is strange James has finally decided to decreased them" Marlene said with a smile, looking to Camilla, "Don't you think so cam?"

Camilla gave her friend a confused looked but didn't have time to question her on it before it was her turn to take over the session.

That evening Camilla had reported to her prefect patrolling point and had expected to see her usual patrol partner, Olivia Green, the Ravenclaw prefect. Camilla enjoyed spending time with Olivia, she was a particularly sweet girl. So to see Steve laughalot emerge around the corner, she was quite surprised. She had known Steve was a prefect similarly, but why was he here.

"You shouldn't be out of bed this time of night Laughalot" Camilla said meeting him in the middle, "I won't take points if you head back to the dungeons now"

Steve laughed, "Slow your road Prewett, the patrol partner rota's have been changed. I'm your new patrol buddy"

Camilla felt dread fill her. She liked Olivia. Why did it have to be Steve, just why?

"well, lets get this over and done with" she sighed, starting off in a walk, Steve following her

"So" Steve said breaking the silence between the pair, "How's training going recently?"

Camilla looked at him suspiciously and he raised his hands up in the air, in innocence.

"Why are you asking?" Camilla said curiously, looking at him intently

"relax" Steve said, "It's just something we have in common"

Camilla still wasn't convinced, Gryffindor versus Slytherin was just after Christmas, not too far away.

"Fine" she shrugged

"How is the Slytherin team?" She asked in reply, "I saw your play in the Ravenclaw match. I saw a couple of mistakes"

Steve had a look of annoyance on his face for less than a second but a smile then pulled across his face, "You don't miss a thing do you?"

"No, that's why we're the best" Camilla said simply