108"

(time jump)

(time jump)

Remus Lupin hadn't quite predicted a professor position at Hogwarts to be so painful.

His eyes had widened that day on the train when the dementor came.

For a second it was lily, for a couple more seconds it was James. After his eyes had taken time to work out whom he was looking at, it settled in his brain.

It was Harry. Harry James Potter.

He was almost a perfect mix of lily and James.

Lily's eyes with James hair.

It was strange really. He'd have never imagined an off spring of James to have the eyes of lily. It just seemed... strange. It was sort of like it wasn't what he had expected.

He had expected her eyes to be looking back at him.

It was when Harry had approached him asking about his parents that Remus had to advert his eyes. He couldn't look to Harry, look in those green eyes and tell him the truth.

How could he ever tell a thirteen year old boy that his parents were not completely in love with each other as he had forced himself to believe as a child living in a cupboard under the stairs. What good would it do Harry Potter to learn of Camilla Prewett? It would do more harm than good and. In fact, nothing good would ever come from it.

Just as Remus thought that he no longer had anymore ghost of his former friends to run into, he encountered a Weasley girl in his second year defence against the dark arts classroom. If he looked close enough he could see Camilla. Sitting pink faced and care free at the back of the classroom, giggling with her friends. Ginny Weasley was a popular and outgoing member of the class who was intelligent and had a particular talent for defence against the dark arts. Remus couldn't help but see her aunt in her. A couple of times his tongue had slipped and her name had fallen out in the place of where the name Ginny should have been used.

Ginny never seemed to mind. Whilst Remus was secretly extremely embarrassed, Ginny would only ever wave it off and smile in amusement.

"It's alright Professor" she had said one day as Remus apologised for the thousand time that day as she left the classroom, "My mum does it all the time"

The simple sentence caused a stab in his heart.

When would he ever catch a break.

Sirius Black's face was plastered everywhere, James and Lily's face were fresh in his mind courtesy of Harry Potter and Camilla Prewett looked him in the eye every time Ginny weasley to smile to him when she would entered the classroom.

Who could have ever imagined Hogwarts being so painful.