105"

It was the week before Christmas yet it didn't feel so

It wasn't cold enough for snow and in its absence a dreary rain pelted down from the blackening sky.

The room was packed full of witches and wizards, all of whom looked particularly anxious. It was far too dangerous to be all gathered in one room together.

They were sitting ducks really.

And you couldn't blame them, given what had happened at the other Prewett funeral.

Mr and Mrs Prewett hadn't been able to make it. They had caught a case of Black Cat Flu which had left them terribly weak in bed at the Prewett family home. The weasleys made up the first row to the right, a wave of red hair at the front, varying in height between Arthur and Molly and their sons.

Sobs could be heard eliciting from Molly weasley from all the way back to the room as she blew her nose into her tissue whilst Arthur held her hand comfortingly with a solemn deep expression. The children of course, didn't really understand. What was death to someone so young? To them, they'd see Auntie Cam at their next Sunday dinner at the burrow. The weasley children simply didn't understand their aunt's death.

It wasn't just the weasley children that simply hadn't comprehended.

James Potter sat on the front row to the left of the room. He made no attempt to make polite conversation and made no effort to give polite smiles to even advert his eyes from the position they stared at straight across from him. It was the first time he had left his bedroom since it happened. He had taken to barring his door of his childhood bedroom at the Potter manor. Shell Cottage was far too painful for James to ever visit again.

How could he when the pure essence of her lived within the walls?

How could he possibly face reality and accept it when having her in his life had become so natural. Since the age of eleven Camilla had been by him. How could she simply not be there?

It was cruel really.

So terribly cruel.

Like they had put Camilla by his side, making him think that they'd always be by each other side and inevitably fall in love, just for suddenly her to be gone.

James awoke in the mornings, extending his arm to pull her closer, to be met with the empty sheets of the bed. He would make two cups of tea in the mornings only to find there was only one person to drink them and he would cook for two, only to find he would eventually be left with an extra portion which he would have to put in the fridge for the next day.

It wasn't just James and the weasley's that had felt the loss it seemed.

Within the crowd there were Hogwarts students. The Gryffindor quidditch team had turned up, past and present members, along with Professors and members of the order of the phoenix and Mr and Mrs Potter could be spotted a few rows backwards.