8"

The next morning Camilla felt much better and was glad to catch up on her sleep

The next morning Camilla felt much better and was glad to catch up on her sleep. She was down at the quidditch pitch, as per usual, dressed in her quidditch uniform. It was the first team training session for the year and the first one where she was captain and it was safe to say she was excited.

Much to her delight, everyone had turned up on time and come prepared and ready.

"Thanks for getting here in such good time everyone" She smiled as James nodded beside her, "Obviously this is the first team session of the year, so Potter and I have decided that we should take it easy on you all and just have a little bit of fun, nothing serious, just to brush off a bit of dust. So-"

James had interrupted her stepping forward in-front of her, "-so we thought we'd play a couple of games which is good for teamwork and connections and whatnot". Camilla scowled at him for interrupting her. "Our first match of the year is against Hufflepuff, which should be a breeze, but I don't want to take any chances so next training session we're going to get right into all the gruelling stuff"

The team had been instructed to complete ten laps of the stadium before they started, as just a warm up. Camilla could really see how fast James' broom was. He had nearly lapped them all twice and finished first, touching back down and leaning against it, watching them all finish. Camilla rolled her eyes and muttered to herself as she finished her laps and touched back down.

Could the boy be any more arrogant?

Saying that, he most definitely could.

Once everyone had finished their laps they played a couple of games which were quite a laugh. Camilla was particularly proud of one game she had come up with. Each team member had pulled a scrap of parchment, with a body part written upon it, out of her bobble hat.

The body part that was written upon the parchment, was the only part of the body in which you were allowed to make contact with the quaffle, as they passed it around. For example, Sirius had unfortunately got his left knee cap making him only be able to pass the quaffle with his left knee. If the quaffle was dropped, or it touched any other body part, then you were out.

Camilla was especially happy when James had pulled out the parchment which read 'top of the head'. She hoped it might knock him out and she'd finally be able to get some peace. Marlene had got right shoulder, McLaggen right foot, Frank left elbow, Rachel left hand and finally camilla who had received right knee cap.

Rachel, the new addition to the team, had come out the champion. She did have the easier one after all, but still, it was a good way to laugh and bond. As the winner she got to choose the losers forfeit. Everyone else had to do twenty push ups. Camilla and Marlene hated doing push-ups. James knew Camilla hated them, after all, they knew each-other quite well quidditch wise, they'd played together since the age of twelve. James made sure to put plenty of push ups in their training sessions from now on.

Rachel King had seemed fairly chuffed with herself for winning the game on her first training session for the team, considering how good all her teammates were at quidditch. Camilla was glad she felt settled in, though she seemed to be enjoying ogling James, Sirius, frank and Mclaggen doing their press ups a little too much.

"I think since James and Sirius were the first ones out, they should do another twenty?" Rachel shrugged smirking, turning to Camilla for permission.

Camilla just put her hands up, "You're the winner, your rules"

James and Sirius sent her a scowl.

She'd seen James and Sirius train for quidditch plenty of times, forty press ups was nothing for them.

Camilla and Marlene looked to each other, knowing what the other was thinking. Camilla just hoped that Rachels little crush on the boys wouldn't disrupt the team or divert her focus.

Sirius winked to camilla as she watched them with her hands on her hips. Her and Marlene laughed to each other, it was utterly ridiculous to watch.

"You've got to respect it ladies" Frank joked, 'Forty press ups and still managing to flirt. That's a beast of a man if I've ever seen one"

Training had finished and it was the captains responsibility to make sure all the balls and borrowed brooms were put back neatly and correctly in the storage cupboard.

"I bet your massive ego is shattered after loosing that last game" Camilla commented as she started sorting through the pile of brooms; dividing them into the different versions of the cleansweeps, shootingstars and comets

James rolled his eyes in response as he wrestled with a stray Bludger, trying to get it back into its case, "hardly. It's good that King got to win, make her feel a bit more welcome"

"But it hurt your soul to let her win, didn't it?" she asked, raising a eyebrow knowingly

James looked at her out of corner of his eye and couldnt help but smile in amusement, "A bit"

Camilla laughed, "knew it. And besides, I'm sure King feels more than welcome. She seems pretty comfortable to me"

James managed to wrestle the Bludger back into it's case and locked it, turning to Camilla with a puzzled face, "Meaning?"

"Meaning, I think you've got a little crush Potter" she teased

"Awh Prewett, thats really sweet of you to say, but unfortunately I don't date mountain trolls" James replied, looking at her with fake sympathy, knowing full well Camilla wasn't talking about herself, but rather Rachel King.

Camilla scoffed,"and you see potter, this is why Lily doesn't love you, and you will end up dying alone with merely the company of your right hand" She said sweetly, flashing him a dazzling smile as she hung the last comet 84 onto the wall.

With that, she picked up her own broom and gloves and made her way back up to the castle for breakfast. As she went she could hear James laughing at their witty and brief interaction.

————————-
A/N

most remus head cannons i can get behind, but what do you mean he's paralysed from the legs down and is in a wheelchair his whole life?

Some are genuinely ridiculous.

Like what you on abt pal?