Chapter 48

Adam's POV
"ALEX!!!" I yell over and over but there is no answer.

I've locked the door in the bitches face so she is still screaming and banging on the door but that's not the issue.

The issue is the scene in front of me as The the tears roll down and whimpers escape.

What did I do?

What was I thinking?

Right, I wasn't thinking.

"Al I'm sorry please wake up." I scream again while taking the last piece of wood out of his stomach.

I realized what I was doing before the stick could go too deep.

I keep sobbing.

I want to call 911 but what if I get arrested?

What if he wakes up and never forgive me?

Well, even if he forgive me, I wouldn't forgive myself.

Then the idea pops up.

I lift his body in my arm and take him to the bathroom attached to his room and lay him in the bath tub.
But just before I lay him, I hear a small thing slip from his pocket and fall on the ground.

After I lay him, I crouch down on the ground to see what it was.

That's when I realize my jaw couldn't have dropped further ..

It's a velvet box..

It's red and small and... beautiful!

I grab it, slapping my hand to my mouth completely forgetting about the screams from his mother and him laying deadly.

I open it.

It's a silver ring.

Plain but beautiful.

A small smile plays on my lips but it doesn't stay more than a second .

I drop the box, breaking into tears all over again.

He wanted to propose me and... do I deserve it?

The answer is no.

I don't deserve this ring.

I don't deserve him.

But remembering he is in the bath tub,I rush to it taking off my shirt and wrapping it around the place to stop it from bleeding.

...

After a good 3 hours of cleaning his wound, removing the body and tying up his mother, I have free time to myself to just cry and wait for him to wake up.

His mum has fallen asleep since a few minutes ago.

I'm laying on his bed, next to him, crying.

I know he is alive, he has pulse and he is breathing but he is not waking up.

I wait there a few more hours ....it's nearly morning... I heard the fireworks and all but they weren't happy to me... they were like bombs booming in my head.

Another year.... another fucking year that I fucked up.

I'm deep in thought but get snapped out if it with the sound of someone's stirring next to me.

"Alex.." I whisper and he flutters his eyes open.

"Adam?... Ugh...what happened?"

"Um..."

"Damn I had an awful nightmare babe." he chuckles and O couldn't have been sadder.

"Alex... um... it wasn't ...it...it wasn't." I slowly raise my head to look at him and the sight in front of me breaks my heart.

"You didn't ..." he whispers.

"I ...I I'm sorry Al... I love yo-"

"Don't you dare." he screams.
A muffled sound fills the room and Alex storms off to the voice.

"MUM!" I hear him scream from the other room.

I twirl the silver ring in my hand one more time before hearing the thud of his footsteps.

He opens the door then closes it shut behind himself.

"HOW COULD YOU?" He sounds furious .

I look up at him, my tears picking up their pace... I walk to him calmly, a shy smile on my lips.

"It slipped off your pocket." I hand him the ring. he gasps as his eyes roam the ring. his expression changes from angry and furious to sad and pained.

"I ..I ..." he stutters.

"I'm sorry Al." I whisper.

Noticing his mother enters the room, I continue.

"I love you.." I say louder for her to hear too but it's laced with pain and sadness.

"Adam don't-"

"I'm getting out of your life .. I'll go so you'd be happy..." I smile down at the ring in his hand." you deserve much more than me.... better than me... I'm a psychopath and you know it... so please get over me and find someone good for you and propose him.. or her... move on Al... I love you but I want you to forget it..." I look down at my feet.

"I'm just a pain in the ass." I whisper and walk past him and his jaw-dropped mum.

I look over my shoulder to see him whimpering and crying also jaw-dropped. "And goodbye... hopefully forever." I leave the room without looking back...

I deserve death not him...

YOU'RE A PSYCHOPATH AND THIS PSYCHO LOVE COULD NEVER WORK OUT
my subconscious mocks me... thats ok I deserve it.

A/N: hey guys #lovewins so vote and comment.