26. Sorry and Slaps

Everyone was enjoying the ceremony, Abhimanyu met some of our relatives too. It was time to exchange the ring. We all clapped when bhai and bhabhi exchanged the ring. The light went dim and the couple started dancing. Abhimanyu was talking to someone, while I was busy admiring my bhai and bhabhi. My gaze averted when I heard a familiar voice.

“ May I dance with you, beautiful lady?” Said a boy, who was Bhabhi's relative. Before I could say something, I felt a hand around my waist.

“ My wife is tired from last night” Said Abhimanyu while smirking and my eyes popped out of the socket. I can't believe such a besharam (shameless) he is. The boy scratched his neck in embarrassment. He said sorry and ran from here, I saw Abhi's piercing gaze on him.

“ We can dance, if you want,” He said, looking into my eyes.

“ No, my leg is not fine” I said hesitantly while he panicked and immediately sat on his knees, not again please. He lifted my lehnga a bit to see my feet, he immediately removed my heels and made me sit on the couch.

“ You shouldn't have worn this, sit here” He said and called someone, he looked tense. It's just a scratch not a big injury. He went outside and came with flat slippers and an ointment.

He again sat on his knees, while everyone was staring at us.
“ Abhimanyu, what are you doing? Everyone is staring at us” I said slowly but he gave no response and continued his work. He was done with ointment. He went to wash his hand and came back with food. He sat beside me and started feeding me, I gave him a stern look but he cared less. He made a morsel and waited for me to open my mouth. I signed and gave in. He fed me, we in silence as I asked him to feed himself. No, I am not going to feed him.

“ You shouldn't be doing this, you're a king” I said while he shrugged his shoulders.

“ I am a husband too, and in my kingdom I bow to my queen” He said and smiled softly, and my heart fluttered at his talks. We were done, he kept the plate aside and washed his hands.

He went to mom and talked to her and then came back. He took my heels in his hand, and held me in his other arm and lifted me in the air with warning.

“ Hold my neck tightly, if you don't want to fall” I held his neck tightly while he walked effortlessly holding me like I weighed nothing.

He made me settle on the passenger seat and kept my heels in the backseat. He came to the driver seat and drove off.

The ride went in silence and I was so tired, I didn't realise when I fell asleep.

I got up when I felt him picking me up, I opened my eyes and saw him walking towards my room.

“ I can walk” I said while pouting
“ You don't need to when I am at your service” He said while my cheek turned red, I hid my face in his chest while he kept walking.

He put me in the changing room, and took his clothes and moved to the bathroom. I changed into a comfortable T-shirt and sweatpants. I saw he was already in the room . I went to the bathroom, removed my makeup and washed my face. I came back to my room, and moved towards my dressing table. I applied moisturiser to my face while he was keenly watching me with all interest. I tried to ignore it but this man is giving me hard times.

I was done with my selfcare routine. I came to bed and took a pillow, and handed him, while his face fell.

“ Biwi I know you're angry, but I swear I couldn't sleep for the last 15 days. I hardly slept, please can we sleep together. I promise I won't even question anything, you can resume your miff from tomorrow. Can we please put a pause for a few hours” He pleaded like a child, wow what a wonderful idea.