Chapter 13

The hotel's lobby is just about deserted and Jimin checks the clock over the the front desk. It reads almost three in the morning. Jungkook looks up too.

" Yikes, I had no idea how late it was."

" Me, either, Guess we should head upstairs. To our separate rooms. Like Amish folk."

Jungkook laughs. " I don't think the Amish would approve of our outfits."

" What's wrong with our outfits?! All the appropriate body parts are covered!"

" They have a lot of rules."

"Are you really going to educate me on the rules of the Amish at fucking three in the morning?"

He snorts. " No, I won't do that."

" Good, because I'm exhausted." His stomach growls, then, loud enough that Jungkook's eyes go wide at the sound. " And hungry too, apparently."

" I could probably eat,"

" I bet you could."

" I'm sure there's something open in here somewhere. Wanna look?"

" Are you serious? Jungkook, we have to get up in like four hours for our flight."

" I'm serious. I want to take you out for dinner. Have a real date."

Jimin swallows and twists his hands together. " A proper date? One that doesn't involve climbing a fucking bridge or pretending to eat on camera for 90 minutes?"

Jungkook laughs. " Exactly. I'll pull your chair out for you and pay and everything."

He contemplates for about 5 seconds.

" Okay, let's do that." he says, smiling. " let's go on our first date."

" And say a small blessing that there are no cameras around. I'm not sure how we got out of that one, but I'm not complaining."

" Me, either."

They find their way to the small section of the dining down a corridor, and unfortunately, everything is closed. And now that the offer of food is on the table....pun intended...Jimin needs to eat something, and a vending machine won't do.

" Shit, Min, I'm sorry. I don't think..."

He trails off and looks down the hall, gaze unwavering.

" What?"

" Come on." He grabs Jimin's hand, lacing their fingers together, and he all but drags him down the hallway.

" Hey, excuse me!" Jungkook calls out.

A man steps out from around the corner. How did Jungkook even see him? " Can I help you?"

" Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but do you work for the restaurant?"

He nods. " I do. We're not open till four, I'm afraid."

Jungkook mashes his lips together.

" What can I do to bribe you?"

Jimin pinches Jungkook's hip.

" Jungkook!"

He ignores him. " You see, I'm trying to make a good impression. My date, Jimin and I haven't been together very long, and he told me he's hungry. I have to get him some food. I want him to like me, because, let's face it, I really like him. Look at him. How could I not?"

Jimin blushes. " Jesus, Jeon."

Jungkook continues. " I promise, we won't be long, or order anything insane. Just something basic. And I'll overpay. By a lot."