Chapter 14

" But I don't think it's impossible to develop feelings for someone this way. I never imagined it would be me, but this has been really fun so far, and...I dunno. I'm very skeptical at times, not so much as others. I don't necessarily view this as a game, per, se, like other people do, but it is a challenge, yeah? And not in a bad way, if that makes sense."

Jungkook nods. " It does, I understand that. I felt that way last year. I signed up on a whim, thinking there would be no harm, really. And then I just.....I fell in love."

" I watched it all happen, remember."

He nods again. " I'm really enjoying having you here, Jimin."

" Thanks." He tries time hold back a yawn and mostly fails. " Me, too."

" Looks it."

" To be fair, it's like four in the morning."

" Yeah, we should head upstairs.....probably."

" Probably."

They sit in the dining room for another hour and a half.

Jimin is dead tired by the time he makes it to his hotel room door. Jungkook insisted on walking him, saying, " It's not a real first date if I don't walk you to your front door." Jimin had rolled his eyes, but he was secretly very pleased, and he had the feeling Jungkook knew that.

" So, I had a lovely time tonight." Jimin says, lazy smirk playing across his face.

Jungkook nods. " Me, too. Kinda don't wanna leave you."

" You can stay."

" As tempting as that is, I don't put out on the first date."

" Such a gentleman. But who said anything about sex? You can just come in. And sleep."

Jimin watches as Jungkook swallows. " Do you really think I'd be able to sleep next to you and not touch you?"

He steps backward, his back hitting the wall. Jungkook takes a step closer. " That's a good question, Jeon." He slips his finger into the waistband of Jungkook's oversized sweatpants.

" Still think I want these, even though you think I'll be able to swim in them."

Jungkook nods. " You will be able to swim in them. Might let you have them, though. If you're good enough."

Jimin looks up at him through his eyelashes. " Have I been good enough so far?

He nods again, a little bit of desperation written on his face.

" Yeah. Really good." Jungkook let's Jimin play at the waistband of his joggers some more, until his demeanour breaks. " I wanna kiss you."

Thank God. " Do you normally tell the boys that before you kiss them?"

" No, you just make me so fucking nervous."

" What happened to, you make me the most comfortable?"

Jungkook runs his fingers through his hair, fingers getting a little tangled.

" It's a funny conundrum. The Park Jimin conundrum."

Jimin licks his lips. " You gonna trade mark that?"

He leans in a bit, hand reaching up to cup Jimin's jaw. " Might have to. Gonna be using it a lot from now on."

" Does that mean you want to keep me around for a while longer?"

" Baby, you have no idea."

Jungkook's lips graze Jimin's, then, so unbelievably careful and methodical, like he'd been thinking about it all day and knew exactly how to map it out. If that's the case, he's in good company.