He was into that kind of stuff..?

As (Y/N) entered the room, the atmosphere shifted slightly. The balding third-year's laughter broke the tension.

"It's alright, (Y/N)! You were probably training again, weren't you? As expected from my junior," he chuckled, offering a thumbs up with a huge grin.

(Y/N) smiled sheepishly, his cheeks flushing slightly as he took his seat. "Well actually..." he replied. Pulling out a shirt adorned with signatures, he held it up for all to see, his laughter tinged with slight embarrassment. "Sorry... There was a fan sign event for an occult TV show I really like. The line was longer than I expected, but look! I got all the signatures! Even from the stuntman who plays the monster!"

Silence descended upon the room as the others stared at (Y/N) with a mixture of surprise and confusion. The image of their serious and dedicated classmate attending a fan sign event for a TV show left them momentarily speechless.

"He was into that kind of stuff..?" The second year girl finally woke up and muttered softly, breaking the silence with a bemused expression.

"So... What did I miss everyone?" (Y/N) asks while sitting up in his chair.

The second-year boy beside him drapes his arm over (Y/N)'s shoulder and fills him in on what he had missed.

"I see... So, we'll be saving all our strength for the individual battles on the second day?" he clarified, seeking confirmation.

Silently, the others nodded in agreement, their frustration evident at the prospect of having to completely give up on the team battle.

"Last year, in under five minutes, that Gojo exorcised all the spirits in the forest alone. And this year... We have one more troublesome idiot, who'll just absorb all the spirits in a blink of an eye." Utahime remarked.

"Geto, huh? Yeah, there's no point in trying to beat that guy in a competition of exorcising cursed spirits. I wonder what would've happened if he joined last year as well," the balding third-year mused, his voice trembling slightly with fear.

Geto Suguru. (Y/N) hadn't given him much thought before. But, it was true. There was no way to win since the primary objective of that battle was which team can exorcise all the spirits hiding in the forest faster.

"So, do we all agree on giving up on the team battle? If you do, raise your hand," the balding third-year declared, raising his own hand in a show of solidarity.

All raises their hands, all except (Y/N). He absolutely hated the words "giving up."

But slowly and reluctantly, (Y/N) raised his hand as well, his jaw clenched.