𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

0:58 ━━❍─────── 3:35

╰┈➤Put the earphones in your ears, and turn the volume up.

Don't you dare to ignore me, or I'll—

Damn it, I can't do anything *crying*

But this is my favorite song, and it fits with the vibe of this chapter, so please listen *pleading*

I was lying in my cabin, consumed by a suffocating sense of guilt, replaying the events of that night in my mind, each memory like a dagger piercing my already tormented soul

It had started innocently enough, a tender moment between husband and wife, but it quickly spiraled out of control. 

Her eyes, glazed with something I couldn't quite comprehend at the time, should have been my first clue, but in my foolishness, I had brushed it off. 

Ignorance was no excuse, though, not when the consequences were so dire.

I felt her presence beside me, her breathing slow and steady. 

How could I have been so blind? 

How could I have failed to recognize the signs of her not-so-normal behavior?

The weight of my ignorance pressed down on me like a leaden blanket, suffocating me with its relentless grip.

How could I have been so blind? 

How could I have not realized she wasn't fully herself? 

Regret gnawed at my heart, squeezing it with an iron grip. 

Tears welled up, silently slipping down my cheeks as I grappled with the weight of my actions.

I had betrayed her trust and violated her in the worst possible way, and now I was left to grapple with the consequences.

The room felt stifling, the air heavy with the weight of my guilt. 

I wanted to scream, to lash out at the universe for the cruel hand it had dealt me, but I knew deep down that I had no one to blame but myself. 

I had let her down and failed to protect her when she needed me most, and now I was paying the price.

I closed my eyes, willing the tears to stop, but they kept coming, relentless in their assault on my fragile composure. 

Images flashed behind my closed eyelids, snippets of our night together, each one more painful than the last.

I remembered the way her skin had felt beneath my touch, warm and inviting, oblivious to the turmoil raging within her. 

I remembered the way she had clung to me, seeking solace in my embrace, unaware of the monster lurking beneath the surface.

But most of all, I remembered the look in her eyes when she had woken up this morning; she didn't even remember about this.