𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

It was heart-wrenching for me to see her lying there, pale-faced, right before my eyes

I wished I could turn back time and prevent that accident. 

It wasn't just physical pain she endured; it was a deeper wound we suffered from this accident—we lost a life that wasn't even born yet. 

Everything around me seemed like a blur, tears obscuring my view. 

With legs stumbling, I entered the hospital, and my gaze fell upon her entire family sitting outside the operation theater.

"Jijuuu-" I looked at Juhi, who rushed to me.

"Jijuu, doctors are saying there is no chance they can save Dii-Jijjuu, please do something-" I licked my dry lips upon hearing her words, finding nothing left in my throat.

"Jijjuu, please, you can do anything, please save her, everything is possible for you-" she choked between her sobs. 

I pulled that little trembling girl into my arms. 

I had met Sanjh months ago, and seeing her like this was tearing me apart. 

She's her sister, who had been with her since she opened her eyes in this world.

"Maa-baba will die without her-Jijjuu, please-" she said, snuggling her face into my neck.

Har insan apne maa-baap ko apni ankhon ke aage marte dekhta hai- lekin vo maa baap jeete jee mar jate hai jinke aage unke bacche marte hai-And I can feel the pain of her mother and father because I lost my child even before I get.

(Everyone watches their parents pass away, but it's absolutely heartbreaking when parents have to endure the pain of seeing their own children dying in front of them.)

"Nothing can happen to her until I'm alive," I said in a slow voice, rubbing my hands through her hair.

"She's in a coma. Doctors finally managed to control the internal bleeding. Let's hope for the best from Mahadev," I heard Advik's voice. 

I looked at him; he hadn't slept for the last three days, his eyes red from crying. 

I signaled him to hold Juhi as she continued to cry, clinging to me.

Approaching her parents, who were standing in front of the door, crying, I closed my eyes slowly while capturing her face through the little transparent circle in front of me.

"Please wake up!! You're hurting Juhi, your mom, and dad. You said you'd do anything for your family—you literally married me for your little sister, you lived with me for your parents. Now, you're the one who's hurting them."

I opened my eyes, saying all this in my mind, and then turned away.

How do I live? 

Even my soul feels separate from me.