𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

I paced around my office, feeling the weight of anticipation bearing down on me

I paced around my office, feeling the weight of anticipation bearing down on me. The phone call I had been anxiously waiting for could change everything.

As my restless steps echoed against the polished floors, the shrill ring of my phone shattered the silence. With trembling hands, I answered.

"Hello, did you find out what she was doing at the hospital?" I asked, my voice betraying my eagerness.

The response I received was not what I expected. It was a bombshell that left me reeling. My grip faltered, and the phone slipped from my grasp, clattering against the desk. I staggered backward, grasping for support as if the ground beneath me had shifted.

"Pregnant?" I gasped, the word barely escaping my lips as I struggled to comprehend the revelation.

"She is pregnant with my baby," the voice from my own mouth left, sending shockwaves through my core.

I sank into the nearest chair, my mind swirling with disbelief. Tears welled up, threatening to spill over as the weight of the news settled in.

"She's carrying my baby," I murmured, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks. The thought was both exhilarating and terrifying, a whirlwind of emotions crashing over me.

I leaned against the wall, the cool surface offering a fleeting sense of stability as I struggled to process the enormity of the situation.

As the reality of impending fatherhood sank in, a surge of determination swept over me. I had to be with her, to support her through this unexpected turn of events.

With a sense of urgency coursing through my veins, I hurried downstairs, each step fuelled by a desperate need to reach her side.

"Hello, Advik?" I called, my voice tinged with urgency as I spoke into the phone. 

"I need to get to Banaras as soon as possible," I continued, the words tumbling out in a rush.

Behind the wheel of my car, I raced through the streets, my heart pounding with each passing moment. My security guards followed close behind, clearing the path ahead as I pushed the speed limit to its edge.

With each mile that passed, the weight of anticipation grew heavier, a knot of anxiety tightening in my chest.

As I boarded my private jet, the reality of the situation hit me like a freight train. There was no time for delay, no room for hesitation. I had to get to her, to be there for her when she needed me the most.

"Is everything alright?" Advik asked, his concern evident in his voice as he approached me.

I could only shake my head, my vision blurred with tears. 

The journey ahead was uncertain, fraught with emotion and uncertainty. 

But one thing was clear—I would do whatever it took to be there for her, my Saffron, in her time of need.