𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

•---•°•✿•°•---•

It was late at night, and Sankalp was still working, seated beside the bed

He was deeply engrossed in his tasks when suddenly his gaze fell upon his wife lying beside him.

His brows furrowed as he sensed a slight movement.

At first, he thought he might be imagining things, but then he noticed her fingers moving slowly, and she seemed to be trying to open her eyes.

With a sense of urgency, Sankalp set aside his laptop on the couch and hurried to her side.

"Saffronn,"

he said softly, his voice filled with concern, as she tightened her grip on her eyelashes upon hearing the sound.

Sankalp's breaths became heavier as he called out to her again, gently sliding his fingers into her small palm.

She lightly held onto his fingers as he knelt beside the bed on the ground.

"Saffron, can you hear me?"

he asked, his grip on her hand tightening.

"Please open your eyes, pleaseee," he pleaded softly, his tone reflecting the agony of waiting for so long.

She moved her head slightly, prompting him to quickly grab his phone and call the doctor.

As he glanced back at her, she slowly opened her eyes, only to squeeze them shut again, presumably because the room's light was hurting her eyes.

Sankalp felt himself on the verge of breaking down and crying, but he managed to control himself when he saw her making another attempt to open her eyes.

It was evident that she was struggling to fully open her eyes, perhaps due to the pain of the wound on her head.

A tear escaped from the corner of her eye, and Sankalp looked at her silently, gently rubbing his thumb across her tears.

The nurse, who was staying in the guest room, arrived promptly upon receiving the doctor's call. She instructed Sankalp to leave the room so they could examine her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*