𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

•———•°•✿•°•———•

I woke up to the sound of Maa gently rubbing my hair

I opened my eyes and tried to adjust to the light in the room.

"Maa, what are you doing here?" I said, slightly sitting up in bed. 

Maa just smiled and placed her hands on mine, rubbing them lightly.

"You look stressed and tired," she said, looking into my eyes. 

After a few moments of silence, she said, "Tell me if something bothers you. If you're stressed about something, you can tell me."

I rested my head in her lap as soon as she finished her sentence, and she started to rub my hair gently.

"Maa, I don't know if I'm just not feeling well or if I'm stressed about something. My brain is too tired to process anything anymore," I said slowly, burying my face in her lap.

"Tumhe yaad aa rahi hai uski?" she asked softly. 

(Are you missing him?)

This sentence immediately made me lose all control over my body. 

I sat up in bed immediately and looked into her eyes, unable to maintain eye contact because I didn't have an answer. 

I couldn't accept "yes," but I also couldn't deny that I missed him.

It had been three weeks since that night, that horrible night when he saved me and then left me to die alone. How could I admit that I was desperate to talk to him, to see him once in front of me? 

Maa was still staring at me, waiting for an answer, but I suppose my silence gave her the answer she needed. 

She smiled slightly, lowering her gaze to her lap, while I looked around the room, unable to meet her eyes.

"Hamare pass akar bhi hamari beti hamare paas nahi hai. Itna zyada dhyan rakha kya usne?" 

(Even though you're here with us, you're not really here. Did he take care of you that much?)

she asked, and I looked at her in shock and disbelief.

"Maa, please don't say things like that. No one can take care of me like you and Baba do," I said, hugging her tightly.

After that, Maa left the room, saying she was going to make something for evening snacks. 

But my mind was filled with so many questions. 

"Mr. Rathore, I want to ask you so many questions, please come here," I whispered softly, then went downstairs to spend time with my family and lighten my mood.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Time skip to the next morning -

As I woke up, I heard a soft whisper near my ear,