5

Because I lost my bank card and ID card, I had to go to the bank to report the loss verbally first. I had to get my ID card before I could officially report the loss.

Because he was an orphan, it was very troublesome to apply for an ID card. He went to the Civil Affairs Bureau and the police several times, and it took several days to finally get the temporary ID card. All the expenses were borrowed from Aunt Li.

Every time before I go out, I repeatedly promise that I will come back, but Aunt Li always smiles and waves her hands. I can't repay her for her trust. I just hope to get a new card soon and withdraw money so that I can pay her back.

As for the room I slept in when I woke up, it was the home of a mute woman. She gave her bed to me and slept in a nearby miscellaneous room. It was originally used to pile things, and the environment was extremely bad. There were bundles of linen sacks by the wall.

How could I let her sleep there all the time? I changed rooms with her when I woke up. At first she was unwilling, but I coaxed her fiercely and coaxed her to move here reluctantly.

In fact, I have always been confused about why mute women are so kind to me. One day I accidentally talked about this issue with Aunt Li, and Aunt Li sighed: "Axiu actually has a son, and she always has a picture of a boy on her body... I don't know the specific situation. I heard that the child died in an accident..." Aunt Li paused, "If nothing happened, he might be as old as you now."

I nodded in understanding, it turned out to be empathy.

Maybe I showed up at the right time, or maybe I have a bit of a resemblance to her child. In short, something about me probably triggered her memory of her child, so she transferred all her feelings for her son to me.

I felt a little relieved but also disappointed. But forget it, as long as I get the money quickly and repay the favor between Aunt Li and the mute woman, I can leave with peace of mind.

On the day I got the money, I bought some vegetables outside. Because Aunt Li's wife and children were working outside, the three of us had a happy meal.

After eating and clearing the table, I added another 1,000 yuan to the money I borrowed from Aunt Li for a long time and handed it over. In fact, the 1,000 yuan I gave for food and accommodation here was really very little, but Aunt Li was still stubborn. After they counted out the money and returned it to me, the two of them pushed and pushed each other for a long time. Finally, Aunt Li and I were pushed out of the door by Aunt Li. Before I had time to react, the door closed in front of me with a bang.

"Xiao Mu, Aunt Li helped Axiu carry you in, not because she wanted anything from you! She keeps the money for herself, and you spend it when you spend it!" Aunt Li yelled at me through the door.

"Li..." I opened my mouth and found that my voice was choked. I coughed and cleared my throat quickly, "Aunt Li, thank you for taking care of me for so long." Aunt Li responded to me and gave me a few more instructions.

I turned to look at the mute woman. She was obviously confused by the series of actions Aunt Li and I made, and she looked at me stupidly. I smiled, pulled her back to her room, put the 1,000 yuan in her hand, pointed at the cabinet and kept gesticulating for her to put it away. Although the mute woman is stupid, she knows how to use money. She usually keeps the money from selling waste paper and plastic bottles.

She still looked confused with the money half in her hand. I was a little worried, so I thought I'd better ask Aunt Li to take care of her when I left later.

"I'm leaving. Thank you very much for your care during this time. Keep the money well and don't let anyone else see it except Aunt Li." Although I knew that she might not understand what I was talking about, I couldn't help but tell her again and again.

I turned around and opened the door again, and when I was about to go out, someone grabbed my hand. I turned my head, and the mute woman gave me the money, then pointed at the money and opened her hands to gesture desperately.

I read it for a long time and still didn't understand what she was saying. Seeing that I was still stunned, she simply found the key from her pants bag and turned around to open the locked cabinet on the wall. Then she pushed aside a few pieces of tattered clothes piled on top, groped for a while at the bottom of the cabinet, and took out a drum. The bulging yellow cloth bag hurriedly came to me, and he stuffed the bag into me with joy and pride.

I opened the bag, and what caught my eye were old and wrinkled bills worth one dime each.

I stared blankly for a long time, then carefully stuffed the 1,000 yuan into the cloth bag, put the bag in her hand again, turned around and walked out the door.

The mute woman ran up to me anxiously, moved her bag in front of my eyes again and again, and shouted hoarsely "Ahhhhh".

I took a deep breath and looked at her expressionlessly, "This is yours, I don't want it. Just keep the money and I'm leaving."

I had never spoken to her like this before, and she had a hurt look in her eyes.

I felt so depressed that I didn't want to stay another second, so I turned around and rushed out. After running a few steps, I was pulled back again. I couldn't bear it and turned around and yelled: "I'm not your son!!! Look carefully! I'm not him!!" The mute woman was so frightened that she froze and then started to cry. He stood up, but his hand still held me tightly.

Aunt Li heard the sound and hurriedly opened the door and ran over, holding the mute woman's hand to comfort her. I was a little embarrassed and was about to speak, but Aunt Li waved her hand at me clearly, "It's okay, Xiao Mu, you go ahead, I will keep an eye on her."

I nodded, ruthlessly pulled down the mute woman's hand, and left that place as if running away.

The crying behind me got louder and louder, so I gritted my teeth and kept running forward. I don't know how long I ran, until I had no strength at all, I stopped, holding on to the wall on the side of the road and gasping for air.

My face was wet, and when I reached out my hand to wipe it, I realized it was all tears. I curled up the corners of my mouth to smile, but a strange crying sound came from my throat... Finally I couldn't hold it back, so I squatted against the wall and covered my face and cried.

I don't know what kind of strange reaction this is. Someone is so kind to me, even though she is mute, even though she is a fool. I should obviously be happy, but now, I feel so uncomfortable that I can't stop crying.

It must be too warm and beautiful, but this warmth and beauty are like a breeze, so illusory that I dare not look forward to it. I am afraid that if I reach out my hand, I will still be unable to hold anything, and I will feel sad again in vain.

So, as long as you stay away and don't have expectations, you will never be disappointed or hurt.