39

Mu Ran continued 39
2023-11-07 11:29 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

Jinxi District is located in the central hinterland of Province G in the south. It was originally just a county-level district relying on the provincial capital. It had a small population, was poor and backward. At the beginning of 2000, the provincial university re-planned and expanded its new campus. It was here that Jinxi District began to develop.

The new campus is located on the bank of Jinxi River. The campus is full of lush trees, the environment is good, and the air is very fresh. There is an old street behind the school, and there are a lot of food stalls on the street, selling everything from pancakes, pancakes, fried noodles and fried rice. As soon as get out of class time came, students flocked over and it was extremely lively. Opposite the old street is a residential area. Seeing the booming sales of street food, some people have begun to think about renovating their houses and hanging an exquisite small sign at the door to become a clean and warm little restaurant.

School had just ended at noon, and a few girls left the teaching building laughing and went straight to "my restaurant" across the old street. This restaurant has only been open for less than two months. The prices are not expensive, but the food is exceptionally good. It is already quite famous among students. It was already a little late when they went there, and the house was full of people. The boss, Wang Qin, had just finished serving the dishes. He didn't even have time to take a breath, and hurriedly led people to the small courtyard behind the house, where there were still a few seats.

Wang Qin took out a small notebook from her bib pocket and ordered food for them. Just as she was about to go to the kitchen, a girl at another table in the courtyard spoke up: "Boss, can the Kung Pao pork liver we just ordered be replaced by Jing's?" Shredded pork with soy sauce?" Wang Qin flipped through the small book. Seeing that the vegetables were not fried yet, she responded and ran into the kitchen, shouting to the person standing by the stove with his back to her: "Table 7 Kung Pao Pig Replace the liver with shredded pork with Beijing sauce."

Mu Ran was putting the dishes on the plate with a spoon. When he heard the sound, he didn't even bother to look back. He just nodded and said, "I know!"

When Wang Qin heard that another person was coming outside, she quickly brought the dishes that Mu Ran had just fried and hurried out. Mu Ran wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, turned to look at the menu on the cupboard, and turned on the fire to prepare the dishes for the next table.

At 12:30, the number of people gradually became less and less, and it was almost 1 o'clock when we were really free. Originally there were three people in the restaurant, but today Wang Qin's daughter was not there, leaving only Mu Ran and Wang Qin. They were very tired after working this noon.

Wang Qin put all the dishes and chopsticks that were too late to clean up into the sink, glanced at Mu Ran from the corner of his eyes, coughed and said, "I don't have much appetite today, so I won't eat this lunch."

Mu Ran was washing the pot with his head down, and was stunned for a moment when he heard this. Just as he was about to speak, Wang Qin spoke first: "I think you don't need to cook anymore, so just go outside and eat something." Her hands washed the dishes very quickly, and the expression on her face was very natural, as if she didn't think there was anything wrong with her words at all.

A helpless smile appeared on Mu Ran's lips, but he didn't say much, just nodded in agreement.

In fact, when I first came here, I promised that I would be in charge of food, but this so-called food was just to provide Mu Ran with bowls and chopsticks when Wang Qin and his daughter ate. You can eat white rice casually, but there are only two dishes and the portion is small. Mu Ran is a big man and thin-skinned. He has no nerve to compete with two women. Stretching out his chopsticks 5 or 6 times in one meal is considered too much. . Later, as time passed, Wang Qin saw that Mu Ran was a pushover, and simply refused to take care of the food. Suddenly, he came and asked him to pay for food out of his own pocket.