6

Instead of going to the cheap and dangerous small hotels in the alleys, this time I found a relatively good hotel to stay temporarily.

On the first day, I ran around all day, looking for a house and asking about work. In fact, I haven't saved much money after working for three years. Firstly, my salary is not high, and secondly, I have to spend a lot on rent and food every month. When I was with Yi Tian before, people who didn't know it even laughed at how Yi Tian could marry an ugly and earthy man like me. For this reason, Yi Tian even gave me a card so that I wouldn't embarrass him. I didn't know how much money was on it, so I just returned the card intact, although I only got a mocking sentence from Yi Tian, "Don't look like I've insulted your sacred love."

The next day, we identified several houses in different price ranges and locations, and called people to confirm the viewing time. I went to several companies and asked, but got nothing. In the evening, I returned to the hotel exhausted, had dinner and went to bed early. But I couldn't sleep, tossing and turning. In my mind, I saw the mute woman peeling eggs for a while, and then she put the bag in front of me with bright eyes.

I sat up from the bed suddenly and threw off the quilt angrily. If you are worried, just go and have a look. I just need to take a look at her from a distance and make sure she is fine. I will come back. After making up my mind, I got dressed in two or three seconds, opened the door and ran out.

When they arrived at the residence of Aunt Li and the mute woman, the doors and windows of both households were closed, and the room was dark with no lights on. I was a little surprised. Normally, they must be at home at this time. It was still early and it was impossible for them to rest.

I walked in and knocked on the door and window. After waiting for a long time, no one came. Sure enough, no one was at either house. I walked back strangely, thinking about where the person had gone. I almost bumped into someone just as I turned the corner in front of me. Before I could take a breath, a surprised cry came from the front: "Xiao Mu?!"

I raised my head and saw that it was Aunt Li in front of me.

"Aunt Li? Why haven't you..."

"Xiao Mu, Axiu is gone! I'm so anxious!" I was stunned for a second before I realized what Aunt Li meant.

"What's missing?! What happened?!"

"After you left that day, I persuaded her for a long time, and then I went back to the house after seeing that she stopped crying and fell asleep. But she didn't come out the next day. I knocked on the door but no one answered. I have the key to her house. When I opened the door and went in, I found that there was no one in the house. I have been searching for two days and still can't find it." Aunt Li's face was full of exhaustion and anxiety.

"Aunt Li, please go back and rest quickly. I'll go look for her now." After saying that, she ran out without waiting for Aunt Li's answer.

I didn't know where she usually went, so I just ran around in the streets like a headless fly. The night is getting deeper and deeper, and the pedestrians on the road have changed from bustling to scattered. I have become more and more anxious. Where will she go so late? She is mute and stupid. If something happens, she can't even call for help. I simply don't dare to think deeply about it.

After searching for who knows how many hours, the soles of my feet began to ache, and I still had no clue. Standing in front of a hotel, panting for a rest, something suddenly flashed in my mind, and I immediately ran back. When I arrived at the entrance of the Xingyue Hotel, I continued along the alley and ran to the place where garbage was piled at the entrance of the alley. Sure enough, I saw a man sitting by the wall.