40

Mu Ran continued 40
2023-11-07 11:30 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

Mu Ran filled a bowl of rice from the restaurant, added some vegetable soup, poured in some mustard he brought from home, and sat at the door of the kitchen to eat his lunch.

Wang Qin's voice scolding Li Ping came from the living room at the back of the house. Occasionally, Li Ping's crying words of rebuttal were suppressed by Wang Qin's louder voice.

This is not the first time the mother and daughter have quarreled. Li Ping failed to pass the college entrance examination and had no intention of studying anymore. She wanted to learn makeup. Wang Qin used her house to open a restaurant. She thought it would be fine if Li Ping didn't study, and she could help in the restaurant. As for learning how to put on makeup, don't even think about it.

The two mother and daughter had been quarreling for three days. At first, Mu Ran tried to persuade her, but later Wang Qin shut her down by saying, "Who do you think you are? It's your turn to take care of my family's affairs." From then on, whenever the two mothers and daughters quarreled, Mu Ran would stay away from them and would not even ask a question.

Amidst Wang Qin's sharp scolding, there was a sudden sound of turning plastic bags outside the small courtyard. Mu Ran was stunned for a moment, then immediately stood up and ran out of the courtyard.

The garbage bags piled up against the wall were overturned on the ground. A wild cat put most of its body into the bag and rummaged for food. When it heard the footsteps of people, the wild cat stretched out its head warily and moved its ears slightly. .

As soon as Mu Ran ran to the door, he saw the cat using its feet, leaping onto the high wall and disappearing in an instant.

There was no one around, and Mu Ran felt a little disappointed when he looked at the garbage that was turned over all over the floor. So many days have passed, and he has never seen the child again. He also looked around during the lunch break when no one was in the store, but saw no one. Sometimes he would guess whether she had been found by her family, or whether she had a place to live, but every time he comforted himself like this, he felt more and more uneasy.

Probably because of his life experience, he has never been able to remain indifferent. Every time he thinks of the child with his head buried in his mouth eating cakes, he feels as if he has been pricked by a thorn. And she was too young. If she still wandered around or was caught by some uneasy and well-meaning people... Mu Ran didn't dare to think about it.

"Mu Ran! Where is the person?!" Wang Qin's unhappy voice came from the room. Mu Ran put back the broom he brought from the yard for cleaning, and entered the house in response to the voice.

It was almost eight o'clock when I finished my work at the restaurant in the evening.

Wang Qin had a quarrel with her daughter today. Li Ping went out in anger in the afternoon and hasn't come back yet. Wang Qin has been in a bad mood, and she doesn't even have a good look towards Mu Ran. Mu Ran doesn't take it seriously and helps. After packing up his things, he left the restaurant.

Now is the liveliest time outside, students gather in small groups, and there is laughter and laughter everywhere. Mu Ran walked through the crowd and was occasionally bumped into by crazy students. When the other party apologized in a panic, he would smile and say it was okay.

He had been at this age and had this kind of time before, but he had never laughed as happily as they did. In the days ahead, he was busy worrying about tuition fees and living expenses. He gritted his teeth and saved bit by bit, making up for here and there, and finally managed to survive. The following days, the following days, he met someone...