41

Mu Ran continued 41
2023-11-07 11:30 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

The child woke up when he switched to the third bottle of potion. She was so burned that she didn't know what was happening. She just moved subconsciously, trying to break away from Mu Ran's arms.

Mu Ran noticed the movement in his arms and tightened his arms around the child. He gently pressed the child's hand to prevent her from touching the needle. He lowered his head and said in a gentle voice as softly as possible: "Don't be afraid, it will be fine in a while." ."

The child heard the sound and raised his head from his arms to look at him.

Mu Ran brushed away the clumps of hair from her forehead, looked into those big eyes that were full of inquiry and scrutiny, smiled, then patted her back gently, and whispered: "Be good, don't be afraid. ."

The child still looked at him with his eyes open, with no expression on his dirty little face. After a few seconds, her slightly forward body gradually relaxed. After a few more seconds, she leaned her head slightly against Mu Ran's chest, and her other hand without the needle grasped Mu Ran's cuff. .

When Mu Ran saw that the child had calmed down and stopped moving, he felt a little more relaxed. But in an instant, he lowered his head worriedly and asked, "Are you hungry?" The child didn't speak, but looked straight at Mu Ran. Ran asked patiently a few more times, and she finally nodded gently.

There was a night market not far outside the clinic. Mu Ran discussed with the child: "Wait for me here, and I'll go out and buy you something to eat, okay?" As soon as he finished speaking, the child turned around and looked at himself. He buried himself in Mu Ran's arms and tightened his hands on Mu Ran's sleeves, as if Mu Ran would run away in the next second.

Mu Ran was a little bit dumbfounded. At this moment, Dr. Liu came down from the upstairs of his house. Seeing this scene, he asked strangely: "What's wrong?" Mu Ran told the doctor about the child's condition after waking up. The doctor thought for a while and said : "If not, I'll go up and cook a bowl of noodles for her."

Mu Ran quickly shook his head, "No, no, it's too troublesome."

Dr. Liu smiled and said, "What's the trouble? My house is upstairs. It would be good for the child to have something to eat." Dr. Liu's home and clinic are in the same building. There are stairs behind the clinic, and you can go up to your home. , which is quite convenient.

Mu Ran was still a little hesitant. Doctor Liu looked at the child who was buried in Mu Ran's arms and tightly holding on to his cuffs. He joked, "This child is smart and knows who is really good to her" and went upstairs.

It only took about ten minutes for Dr. Liu to bring down a bowl of noodles. Mu Ran was too embarrassed to bother the doctor anymore, so he coaxed the child to sit on the chair, squatted in front of her and fed her one bite at a time, but the child's hands were in the process. She kept holding onto his clothes tightly and would not let go no matter how hard she tried to persuade her.

It was already eleven o'clock when everything was done. Mu Ran accompanied Dr. Liu and closed the door of the clinic. After discussing with the doctor, he decided to wait for the child downstairs at the doctor's house. Dr. Liu's husband is away on a business trip, and his daughter lives at her grandmother's house when she is studying and does not come back on weekdays. After all, he is a grown man. It is absolutely impossible to go to the doctor's house so late now.

Doctor Liu was a bit dumbfounded by Mu Ran's "consciousness", but he stopped trying to persuade him and was ready to take the child from Mu Ran and take her upstairs. Unexpectedly, the child hugged Mu Ran's neck tightly and refused to let go. Mu Ran held her and coaxed her for a long time, regardless of whether she could understand or not, and kept explaining to her that the doctor took her to take a bath and check her body for her own good, so that she would not get sick again. After a long time, the child finally became loose. Doctor Liu took the opportunity to carry her over, greeted Mu Ran, and took the child upstairs.