Chapter Fourty-Three

Months. Months had gone by, and I never stopped thinking of you.

I sat up in my bed. The window to the outdoors were open, and I could feel the warm breeze from outside. I was mostly healed by now, and I wanted nothing more than to go back to him. To Katsuki.

I looked down at my body. The bandages were gone. The wounds were healed. But the emotional damage? It was still there. What even happened? I still question it to this day. All I can really remember was falling into a pit of lava. After that? It was mostly a blank.

Knock knock.

I shook out of my head, and looked up at my door. "Come in." I said as the door opened. In, came Zeek.

"Good morning, (Y/N). How are you feeling today?" He asked, approaching my bed.

"Great. Can I speak to the king today? Please?" I begged.

He grinned. "You really want to go back, don't you?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "It's all I want. I know I belong there. I belong with him. It hurts not being near him..." I looked down, then back up at him. "Besides, I'm healed. My burns and wounds are gone now. My energy is back. I'm good as new!"

Zeek sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Calm down now. I already got you a seat with his majesty. I knew you would want to go back. You just have to conv-"

I leaped out of bed, and hugged Zeek. "Oh thank you! Thank you so much!" I tried not to cry, but I did. I couldn't help it.

Zeek was shocked, but smiled and patted my back gently. "Hey now. Don't thank me just yet. Like I was trying to say, you have to convince him to let you. I have a feeling it won't be that easy."

I looked up at him and nodded. "When?" I asked.

"Noon. Sharp. Get some food and think deeply about how you want to present yourself. Now, I'll come for you and we will go together." He said.

"Alright. Thank you. Thank you so much." I smiled.

He smiled back, and headed out the door. "Remember, think." He said as he left.

I sighed, and sat back in bed. I was ready for this. I had to convince the king to let me go back no matter what.

Noon. It was noon. I was in front of the king, and a crowd of royals and Zeek behind me. I was nervous as hell.

"So. You went to Earth, put yourself in public's eye, deliberately disobeyed your duties, fell in love, and killed a member of the royal knights. Do I have this correct?" He said sternly.

I gulped and nodded. "Yes, your majesty. I'm so-"

He laughed, and held up his hand. "Drole was always power hungry. Shady, too. I always had to keep a close eye on him. You found the leak of our magic, and that is all that matters. Now to the matter at hand, we must find a way to seal it an-"

"No! You cannot do that!" I begged. "We have plenty of magic to spare, do we not?! That world needs it. Earth and it's people- They need help. The hero work they do there, it's amazing. It would be like us giving up the knights and order here. It would be chaos. Murder. Theft. Who knows what other chaos would happen. Sir, please, they need it. Please let them keep it."

The king thought for a moment, then sighed. "I suppose you are right. I was just worried the power was being abused, but if Earth needs it so bad, then so be it. I will take your word for it. We aren't in desperate need to have it back. We have plenty to spare. Now, that being said, your reward! You will have countless riches, and a promotion I believe! How does that sound?"