Chapter Twenty

Sunday came rather quickly. That morning I woke up with not much to do. Katsuki had texted me before I woke up, saying his parents wanted to spend a bit of time with him before he left for a week, regardless if he wanted to or not.

I thought it was cute. I texted him back and told him to at least try to enjoy himself a little. It was obvious they were going to miss their son and were probably worried as well.

I spent a majority of the morning just packing. I didn't have a whole lot, and wasn't really sure what all to bring other than the essentials. Clothes, hero outfit, should I bring school supplies? What if I need to take notes?

Grabbing my backpack, I reached for my notebook. Crap, it was already pretty much full of school notes.

Sighing to myself, I decided to head out to the shopping district to buy new notebooks and maybe anything else I might have needed.

Making my way into an office supply store, I grabbed new notebooks and pens while I was at it. I took my time, looking around in case I had an idea of anything else I might have needed. "Wish I knew what to expect.." I muttered to myself, looking at the electronic section.

"Don't expect too much." A deep, familiar voice echoed behind me. The sound of him made me instantly freeze in fear. I straightened my posture up, my eyes wide. Slowly, I turned around to see the dark figure looming over me.

"Meet me in the alley next to here." He muttered, leaving quickly.

My mouth was dry. My heart beat so fast. I could feel the sweat start to drop from my forehead. 'What is he doing here...?' I asked myself, before slowly making my way to the register to pay for my belongings.

After exiting the store, I looked around slowly before making my way to the dark alley that was next to it.

"Zeek? Is that you?" I whispered. My body was shaking at this point.

"Don't look so nervous, (Y/N)." His voice shook me down. I wanted to run. 

Dropping his hood, the dark blue haired man looked at me with the coldest expression. I had known him for so long, you'd think I was used to it, but I wasn't.

His black eyes stared into mine. I thought he was looking into my soul.

"Any new information?" He asked flatly.

I shook my head. "No... Not yet. But I have an idea.." I said.

"Ideas aren't facts." He told me bluntly. I could start to sense anger in his voice. "It's been over a year now. What is taking so long?" 

I gulped, mostly dry air. "I-it's not that easy.. I-"

"You're getting distracted. You started a school, it looks like." He said as he eyed what I had bought at the store. "What was the purpose of that? Seems like you're getting too comfortable in this world." He growled. "Remember, this is not your home."

I nodded slowly, sighing in defeat. "Yes, sir.. I know." I muttered. "I decided to join the school because the top heroes work there. I wondered if I could get an idea of magic levels by being near them." I told him, trying to calm him down.

Zeek thought for a moment, before sighing. "Alright. I'll let you continue this little game you're playing. Just remember, failure isn't an option." He reminded me.

I nodded. "Yes, I know.." I replied and watched him as he turned around and started to leave. "I'll be back at another random time to check on your progress. Don't disappoint me."

And at that, he disappeared into the darkness. I fell to my knees, shaking. He could have killed me if he wanted, right then and there. I would have been an easy replacement, after all.