Chapter Twenty-Two

We started our training in Hosu. Endeavor explained to us that he was following the trail of the Hero Killer, Stain, and during this time he wanted us to train and patrol with him. Neither of us argued about it. We knew this was a villain that needed to be stopped.

The first few days of interning were really brutal. I struggled to keep up with Todoroki, and he tried his best to help me each time. However, I would reject his offers. If I were to get stronger, I couldn't hold onto his hand all the time.

Everyday started the same. We would wake early in the morning, train or exercise till noon, patrol, train or exercise, then patrol again until late at night. It was tough, especially since my body wasn't used to the heavy work-outs, but I didn't stop or complain.

"Are you alright?" Todoroki asked me one night. I was leaning against a pole, catching my breath. I could hear Endeavor scoffing at me and how pathetic I looked.

"Y-yup. Never better." I managed to mutter out. I thought my muscles were going to rip out of my body.

"I can ask him to take it easier on you, you know.." Todoroki offered, yet again. I shook my head. "No. I need this. I need to get stronger." I looked up at him, staring into his two toned eyes. "You're used to this, aren't you?" I asked.

His gaze shifted to the ground as he sighed. "Yeah. I grew up with this type of training, so I guess it doesn't phase me one bit." 

My heart sank for him. I didn't know Todoroki all that well, and it seemed like only recently was he able to open up to more people. But still, even as a child, training like a dog didn't seem fair.

"Come on you two. Enough breaks." Endeavor said, clear annoyance in his voice.

It wasn't until we heard explosions and screaming that caught our attention. "What?" I asked, before seeing the one thing I didn't want to see.

Nomu's. There  were Nomu's attacking the streets and civilians.

"Huh. How interesting. You two, stay back." Endeavor demanded of us, but before we could do anything, mine and Todoroki's phones went off. We both looked at them, seeing just a location from Izuku. "I think.. I think we should check this out." I told Todoroki as he agreed, and we both made our way to the location Izuku sent us before Endeavor could stop us.

Finally, we made it to the location. My eyes widened, seeing Izuku on the ground, and Iida as well, with a tall figure standing above him, sword about to plunge into him. "Get away!!" I heard Izuku call out.

Before I could even think, I let out a blast of fire from my mouth. Not only that, but Todoroki as well sent a blast of fire towards Stain. Our fires combining, melting anything that it touched.

However, Stain had dodged the attack, jumping away from Iida. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Midoriya, you need to give more details in times like this." Todoroki told him, holding up his phone and showing the location he had on his screen. "It took us a while to figure out, but, we figured it out just in time." He said as he launched his ice, lifting everyone out of the way and to safety.

"The pros will be here any minute!" He said, launching forward and I following him closely.

Todoroki and I stood between everyone on the ground, and Stain. His left side lit with fire, determination in his eyes. "You ready?" I smiled, lifting my hands and claws forming from my nails. Small sparks of fire emitted from my lips.

"Todoroki! (Y/N)! You can't let him get your blood!" Izuku called out. "I think he controls actions with blood!"

"Hmph. Interesting." I said slyly. "That explains the blades. I'll have to keep my distan-" Todoroki said, but before he could do anything, a knife was sent out, cutting his cheek.