Chapter Thirty

Katsuki seemed to be lost for words at the moment. I watched silently as he struggled to get out the right thing to say.

"Er.. Uh.." He groaned, shuffling his own hair in frustration. "Listen, I ain't good with words and shit." He said bluntly, looking at me with a frustrated expression.

"It's alright. You don't need to explain." I told him, placing my fork down and looking away. "I know that uh.. You don't want a relationship or anything, and I told you not to fall for me."

"That isn't what I was going to say."

I looked at him, shocked.

"I.. I wanna get to know you." He began. "I wanna know things about you, idiot." He huffed, a light blush on his face. "I wanna know what you like, dislike.. I wanna know what pisses you off, and I wanna know what makes you happy and inspires you." At this point, words were finally spilling out of his mouth. "I want you to notice me. I want you to spend time with me, and nobody else. I want you to wake up thinking about me, and I want to be the last thing you think about when you go to sleep." He kept going on, his face red and looking desperate. "I wanna know your favorite color, your favorite food, everything. I wanna know everything." Katsuki began to breath heavy, he was talking so fast I assumed he forgot to breath in between his sentences.

"Katsuki.. I.."

"Just stop." He cut me off, clenching his fists.

"I don't wanna hear that stupid shit of not falling for you. I don't care what is going on, because honestly, whatever it is, I wanna face it with you. Even if I have to risk everything."

I looked at him, shocked by his words. I couldn't help it, though. Everything he was saying, everything was true for me as well. I wanted all those things. I couldn't explain why, or even when these feelings started to form, I just knew I cared so much for this angry blonde boy in front of me. 

Maybe that made me weak. Falling so easily for this guy, wanting nothing more than to be near him. But what would be so wrong with that?

I wanted to say fuck my mission. I wanted to forget it, and stay in this world for forever. I wanted to grow up with Katsuki. Not even just him, but all the friends I made along the way. I felt so at home here. I even felt like Katsuki's family was my own family. As much as I missed my own family, I was happy for once. I was happy here. I was happy with him.

"Katsuki, I-"

"Here's your ticket! Hope you two had a good stay!" Our waitress cut me off. Being stopped right when I was about to talk was starting to get old.

Even Katsuki looked pissed. He snatched the bill from her and gave her a death glare, sending her off. She looked a little frightened.

"C'mon. Let's go." He said, standing up from the table. I followed right after him. He paid our bill, and we headed outside.

We walked in silence on our way back home. I was mostly taking in everything that Katsuki had said, and started weighing my options. If I abandon my mission, what would happen? Would they let me? Would they hunt me down and kill me? Or even drag me back? I had no idea. I needed to find Zeek and talk to him again.

We finally reached our houses, and Katsuki stopped, staring off into the road.

"Next weekend, there's a festival." He began. I looked up at him, confused on where he was going with this.

"It's held at another school, a public one. U.A. students are invited to join, as long as we behave." He looked over at me casually. "Wanna go?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Sure. It'll be just us?" I asked him. That's where he groaned. "I'm sure the other idiots will be there. We can avoid them, though."