Chapter Twenty-Four

"Are you sure you can keep going?" Todoroki asked, huffing heavily. He had his fists up, sweat dropping and his shirt burned in pieces.

Watching him closely, I nodded. My wounds still hadn't healed all the way, and I knew I was pushing myself past my own limit. But, that's why I came here, right?

My own shirt was torn and tattered in places. My hair was tied back, keeping out of my face. My own sweat dropped down my forehead, and I was breathing just as heavily as him.

Before I knew it, Todoroki shot himself forward, sending an ice attack my way.

I quickly dodged it, flying in the air with the help of my wings. The fire formed wings flapped gently behind me, as I set myself and made my way back down to Todoroki.

Instinctively, he sent a shot of flames my way. Big mistake. The flames surrounded me, and I absorbed the power like I was starving. Shocked, his eyes wide and watching me closely, I grinned.

"Thanks. That was delicious." I said. I noticed a small blush cross his face. Was he embarrassed?

"Alright. That's enough, you two." A deep voice interrupted us from behind. I looked over, landing on the ground next to Todoroki. "You've both trained hard and came a long way. I would like it if you both came back, some day." He told us, mainly looking at his son.

He then shifted his gaze at me. I felt his cold stare in me. "(Y/N), you still have a lot to learn to catch up to Shoto. Don't fall behind anymore than you already are." He said, before turning his back to us and leaving the training grounds we were at.

"Huh. Was that a compliment?" I asked, tilting my head.

"As best as you'll ever get one." Todoroki answered.

"Hey, (Y/N).." I turned to look at him. "We should continue training, if you'd like." He offered. I looked at him, surprised. He was usually almost always alone. 

"Oh. Sure. I wouldn't mind." I said.

"Thanks. One more thing..." He trailed off. He shifted his gaze at me, then quickly looked away. What was wrong?

"Your shirt..." He mumbled. I almost didn't hear him.

I looked down at myself. My shirt was torn and burned to shreds. My stomach was exposed, and my breasts were about to pop out at any moment. "SHIT!" I yelled, covering myself and turning a bright red. "S-Sorry!" I said as I turned away from him.

"I'll see you tomorrow on the train ride home!" I yelled, making a mad dash for the hotel.

I sat in my room, excited for tomorrow. I was ready to be back at Midnight's house, and although I would never say it out loud, I wanted to see Katsuki more than anything. Although we called and texted each other each night, it just wasn't the same.

"He didn't answer my text, so he must be busy.. I think I'll take a bath." I thought out loud as I went into the bathroom. Being a guest of Endeavor had a good perk. He made sure Shoto and I both had luxurious rooms. I definitely took advantage of the jetted bath tub a few times.

Running the hot water and slipping my ruined clothes off, I sighed as I took in a breath of the steam. It was much needed relaxation that I needed after training.

Ring. Ring.

I opened my eyes. I turned to the counter where I put my phone. Getting up, I smiled and answered.

"Hello?"

"I FUCKING HATE THIS PLACE I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE."

There it was. That familiar screech that I had come to enjoy.