Chapter Fourty-One

"FINALLY. A day off from everything." I cried out as I collapsed onto my bed. 

"Day off? Hah." Katsuki grinned as he spun in my chair. We were currently both relaxing in my dorm room. Well, I was relaxing. Katsuki was getting antsy about sitting still.

"You know what we should do?" He asked.

"Nap? Watch a movie? Play a video game?" I gulped as he grinned at me.

"Train."

"Noooooooo I'm lazy today. Wah." I flailed in bed, not wanting to move.

"Come on you lazy bum." He said as he got up and grabbed my ankles and pulled me to the floor, where I started to flail like a small child having a tantrum.

"Come on, get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs." He said as he exited my room, and left for his to change into something more appropriate. 

"Hmph. I never agreed.." I whined as I changed into my workout clothes.

After about 10 minutes of getting ready, I finally made my way downstairs to the doorways. "Took you long enough." Katsuki growled at me.

"Excuse me, Princess of Time." I rolled my eyes. "Where are we training at, anyways. And what are we doing?" I asked.

Katsuki smiled, as if he had done something amazing. "I got permission to train at U.S.J."

"What? So fast?" I asked him.

"Well, I emailed Aizawa yesterday. I knew you'd be off today, sooo.." He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"So. You planned this. You dirty, slick ass--"

"Let's go." He said before I could finish my sentence. Probably a good thing. He grabbed me by the hand, and off we went to U.S.J.

After what seemed like an eternity of walking, we finally made it.

"I never wanna walk again." I cried.

"You're so lazy."

"Shuddup. What are we doing?" I asked him as I looked around at the different areas.

"Well, your quirk gets stronger with heat, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "I can absorb any heat and make it my own."

"Let's head to the volcano." He pointed at the large, smokey mountain.

"We gotta climb thaaaaaaaaat!" I whined.

"God you're whiny today. Yeah, endurance. Let's go."

We made our way to the volcano, and what seemed like an eternity walking, I collapsed at the top. Closing my eyes, I listened carefully to the popping and the smoldering of the lava. In a way, it was almost comforting. I could have fallen asleep to the sound itself.

Of course, Katsuki had other plans.

Gently, he kicked my side. "Wake up. We're here to fight." He said.

"Wait, what?" I asked, sitting up.

"You heard me. Fight me." He grinned, getting into a stance.

"Wait wait!" I said, jumping up, but before I could even react, Katsuki lunged at me, sending small explosions my way.

After a while of us dodging and punching at each other, we were both exhausted. Mostly from the heat. Even though I could absorb heat and use it as my own, even lava was a bit much for me. I had never been around something so hot before, and had no idea if I could use it to my own advantage. I started to wonder if maybe that was why Katsuki brought me here, to test out my power and see if I could use even lava.

"Katsu, are you okay?" I asked as I saw him fall to his knees, sweat dripping from every inch of his gorgeous body.

"Yeah, worry about yourself." He spat, wishing he had remembered to bring bottled water or something.

"Okay.." I said under my breath as I stood to my own two feet.

"This place is too hot, even for me." I told him. "Are you ready to head back?" I asked.

"Ugh. You're so whiny. But sure." He said, not wanting to admit that even he was burning up.

"What? So soon?" That voice. The voice I didn't want to hear. The one that could send chills down my spine.

"Drole?" I asked, looking up. He was standing just a few feet from us. When did he even get there? How did we not notice him?

Katsuki instantly jumped to his feet, fists clenched, remembering the last time he saw the big muscular man. He was too frozen back then to do anything, but he was ready now.

"You failed your job. I'm here to 'collect' you, as per the king's request." He said, glaring at me.

"What? No!" I cried out.

"King?" Katsuki asked, confused.

"I-I'll explain later, Katsu.. It's probably time anyways." I told him sadly. I wanted to hide this truth from him for as long as I could, but I knew it was time.

My eyes darted back to Drole, who was now walking closer to us.

"Now, now (Y/N). I can either take you as is... Or in pieces." He said. 

"I have a feeling you would love to take me back in pieces." I started to shake. Drole was very powerful, and I knew I couldn't take him on. I knew that he knew that, as well. He wouldn't hesitate to kill me, or even Katsuki.

"Look I don't know what the fuck is going on, but you aren't taking her anywhere!" Katsuki yelled, small explosions forming in his hands. "And I'll fight you if you come anywhere near her!" He was now grinning, forgetting his own heat exhaustion and ready to take this man on.

"Katsuki, no! He'll kill you..." I said, sadly.

"Kill me? Please." He said, almost laughing. "I'll gladly take on any challenge. I'm rea-"

Drole had instantly charged at Katsuki, punching him in the gut and sending Katsuki flying back.

"Katsu!" I cried out, but I couldn't run to him. Drole had grabbed me by the arm, his large and ugly grinning face towering over me. "You're coming with me, brat. A child like you doesn't deserve to be on a mission like this. You were bound to fail." He spat, his jealousy obviously showing.

"No! I.. I'm still working on it! I still have time! Please, let me go to Katsuki!" Tears started forming in my eyes, and falling down my cheeks.

"There's no need. I figured it out for you." He said, almost in a triumphant way. "I figured it out, and I'll be the one to report to his majesty and taking the credit. I'll get the ranking, you won't. Now, let's go.." He said as he began dragging me away.

"No! I don't care, take the credit. Take everything. Just leave me, please.. Let me go to him..." I begged.

Drole just shook his head. "You have to come, alive or dead. You know very well he will want you back." He said, ignoring my please.

"Let... Her.. GO.." I heard a yell, as a giant explosion launched Katsuki toward us.

With that, I didn't know how everything was going to change. I didn't know this fight would be the end... I didn't know, my entire world was about to be turned upside down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER.

Still sick, but wanted to get something rolling. I am slowly getting better ugh. I always get the worst of the worst when it comes around.

Hope you guys enjoy! Sorry for the cliffhanger!