Chapter Thirty-Three

It had been a few days since the incident at the festival, and just as we all expected, the heroes that arrived took the credit.

It didn't really bother me too much in all honesty. It kept news reporters away from me, as I wasn't really ready to be in any interviews or on TV. I was supposed to stay low, unnoticed. I guess that was kind of hard, considering I was going to UA High School.

It was late in the evening and I was at work. Shinso must have noticed I was in an irritated mood. I guess it was easy to notice, since I kept getting snippy with customers. One in particular kept hitting on me, and as much as I kept denying his request to go out, he just wouldn't get the picture.

"Awww c'mon, baby. You know you wanna come out back with me. I'll make you feel reeeallly good." He snickered. I almost vomited in my mouth. 

Before I could even get a reply out, I felt arms wrap around me. Just as I was about to start hitting, I noticed it was Shinso who had grabbed me, pulling me close.

"Love, is this customer bothering you?" He asked, giving me a wink.

"Uh, yeah. He wants me to go out back and meet his mini friend." I told him, playing along.

"Hmph. Maybe he'd like to go out back with me, instead, and meet my little friend?" He said, grinning at the customer, whose jaw dropped in disgust.

"Oh but baby, you're anything but little." I started to chuckle. I didn't notice, but Shinso had a light blush on his face.

Before we could have more fun with the customer, he threw his cash down and ran out.

I started laughing, hard. "That was great! He was such a prick!" I managed to mutter out.

Shinso quietly chuckled, managing to keep his composure a lot better than I could.

"Hey, (Y/N). I was wondering, are you alright?" He asked me, helping me clean off the table that the man sat at.

"Eh, just some stuff happened a few days ago. Why?" I asked.

"You know, if you want to talk about it, we can."

I shrugged at him, looking away. "It's nothing I can talk about in the open." I said, finishing the table.

He thought for a moment, then grabbed my hand and led me to the back room, and into the cleaning closet, shutting the door.

It was cramp, and dark. I was nearly pressed against him.

"So, what happened?" He asked casually, as if this was normal for him.

"Well.. You remember the villain attack on the school festival the other day?" I asked.

He nodded his head, squinting at me, as if he knew where this was going.

"Well.. It wasn't the heroes who took that villain down."

I proceeded to tell him the events that happened, although I made sure to skip out the make-out session Katsuki and I had. 

"I guess I'm glad in a way they took credit, but at the same time.. Annoyed? I dunno.." I sighed, looking down at the ground.

Shinso then did something I wasn't expecting. He slammed his fist into the wall next to me, shocking me and making me stare right up into his eyes. "Sh-Shinso?" I asked, a little worried about his reaction.

"(Y/N).. Listen.. You could have been hurt..." He clenched his teeth, and lowered his fist. "I don't know how I'd go on if something had happened to you.." He then closed his eyes.

I continued to stare at him, now confused by his words. "What are you saying?" I asked, but I'd soon come to regret asking at all.

Shinso then wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. "Listen.. I've come to realize just how much I care about you. If you had gotten hurt, or worse.. I don't know, (Y/N). But these feelings.. These feelings I have for you are so strong. I look forward to seeing you everyday. I look for you at school, just to have a small glimpse of you for just a moment. I can't wait to come to work, because here, I can have you to myself away from your friends. Sure, I have to watch you flirt with customers and all, but I know it's not real.." He let out a long sigh, finally looking down at me. "You don't have to tell me how you feel, or even reject me just yet.. I just ask you give me a chance?" He asked. He raised his hand, combing my loose hair strands out of my face.