Chapter Thirty-Eight

It was the following day and things were not any easier. Everyone had separated themselves off into their own private training area. I wanted to train with Katsuki, but assumed it was best to let him do his own thing.

Sighing, I looked up at the sky. My weakest point was aerial battles. I still didn't have full control when I was in the sky, so, maybe training in the air was my best bet?

"(Y/N)! Let's train together!" I looked over, and Pixie Bob was waving at me.

The blonde ran up to me, her tail waving gently. "You have a powerful quirk. I think my quirk against yours would do great. Especially since earth can put out fire." She tilted her head. "Also, Aizawa told me about your quirk and that we should train together." She giggled that last part.

I nodded. "Remind me to thank Mr. Aizawa later. Can you make some flying monsters for me?" I asked her as she grinned. "That's thinking! I can do just that! Go get ready!" She said as she started to form a monster with wings. 

I started to get pumped, though a little worried at the same time. She was right. Her earth can put out my flames, and if my wings went out I would crash to the ground.

I shook my head. I had to do this. What if I fought a villain just like her? Or a water villain? I couldn't just back away. I had to face my weak points, and figure out the best way to fight on my own. I couldn't rely on anyone to help me. What if I was all alone, fighting a villain?

Forming my fire wings, I took off into the air. Soon after, the creature Pixie Bob made flew right after me, screeching a horrible sound as it chased me.

"Alright! I'm gonna give it everything I've got!" I said as Pixie jumped up and down excitedly.

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" She said as the creature flew closer and closer.

It snapped it's jaws at me, but I quickly evaded it by rolling in the air.

"Take this!" I yelled, sending shots of fire balls at the monster, but I barely managed it leave little burns against the earth.

The only reason I was able to even kill off the first monster from when we were dropped into the forest, was because I went inside of it and let loose as much flame as I could.

This time though, I wanted to do it differently. I wanted to fight it hands on, even if that wasn't the best solution for me. I knew this would be the only way I could get stronger.

I also wanted to keep the forest from catching fire as well. I was supposed to worry about damage control when fighting a villain, right? So, I had to fly higher to keep the trees from catching flame.

I took off, flying higher in the sky and soon I was above the monster.

"Here I go!" I called out, shooting myself down towards it. The monster wasn't fast enough to react, and I managed to break off one of it's wings by crashing into the earth, sending the creature screaming and crashing to the ground.

"Nice! But not so fast!" Pixie said, as she quickly used more earth to form another wing for the creature.

"Damn. She's got unlimited supply, here." I whispered to myself.

The monster flew back up at me, crashing into me and covering me in it's dirt. The one thing I was afraid of happening, happened.

I screamed, crashing to the ground because my flames were now out.

Before I felt the hard ground, though, I heard the familiar sound of explosions.

"You fucking moron!" Katsuki yelled as he caught me moments before I landed, both of us crashing down and hitting the earth. However, thanks to him, the crash wasn't as bad as it could have been.