Chapter Thirty-Five

It has been a few days since our little "get to know you" party at Katsuki's house. Neither one of us really talked about what happened. Anytime I tried, I turned red and started to babble like an idiot, which would irritate Katsuki and call me a Dumbass or something.

I decided I should just leave it be. We were dating, for the most part. Though nobody really knew that fact yet. I just assumed Katsuki wanted it kept that way, since he was a pretty private person.

First semester was officially over for class. Everyone was now on summer break, and enjoying our time off from class and relaxing before the big training camp Mr. Aizawa announced before we left for vacation. A lot of my classmates were saddened about not being able to travel during this time, but it made sense to me. We were all targeted by villains, and teachers wanted us to stay close by together, just in case.

RING. RING.

I snapped my eyes open from my daydream. Looking over at my phone from my bed, I snatched it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N) baby! Come to the school pool with us!" Mina's voice echoed through the phone.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, you were talking with Bakugo and the other boys when we planned this. Us girls are having a pool party at the school!"

"Did Mr. Aizawa okay this?" Somehow, I didn't think he would.

"Yup! He thinks we're training, though. I just gave him my sad cute puppy eyes and begged!"

"Oh, well, what about swim suits? I don--"

"We're just gonna wear our uniforms. Now come on!" She nearly demanded.

"Alright, alright. I'll be there soon."

"Yay! Can't wait! Love you!" And with that, she hung up.

I sighed, locking my phone and feeling more defeated than my fight with Stain. "Just girls.. I can't invite Katsuki, then. Not that he's texted me today." I looked at my phone, saddened that he hadn't yet.

With that in mind, I packed a few things and headed for the school.

I was the last one to arrive. All the other girls were already there and changing. "Hey." I said shyly, waving at everyone.

"(Y/N)! You came!" Mina clapped her hands together, and ran up to me to give me a hug.

Laughing, I nodded and hugged the pink girl back. "Yup. I told you I would."

"I know, you just sounded uninterested so I wasn't sure." She said as she pulled away. "But I'm glad you did!"

"Oh, it wasn't about that." I told her. I still hadn't gotten a text from him. I didn't want to come off as clingy, so I didn't text him at all.

"Oh?" She asked, curious.

"It's nothing! Let me change." I said as I looked around. Everyone was wearing their uniform after all. That was a big relief, since that's what I brought.

The group of us headed outside and towards the pool. "We should stretch so we don't get a cramp." Momo suggested during our walk.

"Yes, wouldn't want to drown now, would we?" Jiro laughed lightly. It wasn't a deep pool, and she knew that.

When we reached the pool, we were surprised to see most of the boys there already. "Oh, I thought it was just us girls?" I asked out loud. 

"It was supposed to be! What are you guys doing here!?" Mina yelled.