Chapter Ten

"It's settled, (Y/N). You will travel to this world and find out how our magic leaked, and if we need to take necessary precautions to deal with this issue."

"Yes, your majesty. I understand." I replied. I was knelt down on one knee, my head bowed to the king in front of me. "I will succeed and report back to you as soon as possible. I'll also send updates if I find anything important." I told him, standing up.

The king was a fierce looking man. His eyes alone felt as if they would paralyze you in your place. He didn't bother wearing fancy clothing, but, armor with his sword and shield always strapped by his side.

"When you return, I'll make sure to reward you for your efforts." He said, giving a small smile. 

I shook my head. "Nonsense, this is my job as your royal knight."

~~~~~~

"(Y/N)? (Y/N) can you wake up for a moment?" I groaned in my sleep. A dream? It was just a dream, I told myself. A different life, but a life I missed so much. I was ready to go home, but I had made no progress at all.

"Y-yeah?" I asked, groggily. Everything ached. My muscles, my eyes, even my hair.

"I just took your temperature again. You're 103.1." Midnight said, looking at me worriedly.

I shook my head and waved at her not to worry. "It's just my quirk. Remember? Heat?" I told her, shivering and pulling the covers over me.

"Well, I hate to say this, but you will have to miss the Sports Festival." She said, standing up.

"Noooo I can gooooo.." I tried standing up, only to fall on the floor.

"You idiot. I told you you were going to get sick." I looked up, seeing Bakugo in my room.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I was really confused, laying on the floor still. My body ached too much to move.

He walked over, helping me back up and into bed, pulling the covers over me. I felt him staring at my face, he looked concerned. "You look like shit."

I tried to smack him, but I moved so slowly he caught my wrist. "Stupid." He said.

I tried to respond, but I ended up sneezing. A small green flame shot out of my lips.

"The fuck was that?" He asked, looking shocked.

"I'm sick. My quirk is sick too. We need soup." I moaned, closing my eyes.

And as if on Que, Midnight appeared back in the room carrying a tray with hit soup, warm tea, and some crackers. She placed it down on my bed. "I'll give you two some space, but Bakugo, you will need to leave soon to make it on time." She told him.

He nodded at her as she left. I attempted sitting up, but fell back into my pillow.

Bakugo huffed at me. "Idiot. Just sit still." He said to me as he took the spoon and held it up to my lips while I laid back.

I rolled my eyes at him. "This is embarrassing." 

"Yeah, well, so is you spilling this all over yourself and letting it go to waste. You need to get better." His tone of voice sounded like he was scolding me. "Now, eat, or else." He threatened.

Not in the mood to argue, I obeyed and opened my mouth. We sat there silently, him feeding me. After I finished, I closed my eyes. Soup really did cure everything.

"Tell anyone about this and I'll fuckin' kill you." There it was, the Bakugo that I knew. "Don't worry. I'm sorry I won't be at the Festival. I'm gonna record it, in case I sleep through anything important." I waved a remote at him.

"I can already tell you how it's going to end. I'm gonna win." He grinned, small explosions popping in his hands. "Those extras are nothing compared to me."

I chuckled softly. "Whatever you say. I'm sure you will beat everyone's ass. Now.. Can I sleep?" I asked him, but before he could respond, I started letting out soft snores.

"Hmph." He stood up, pulling the covers over me and taking the tray. "I'll see you tonight. Get better, dumbass." 

Time Skip To That Night:

I had drifted in and out of sleep the entire day. I only caught glimpses of the Sports Festival on TV, but didn't stay awake long enough to really see anything or anyone.

By the time night had come around, I was feeling a bit better. I was able to sit up on my own. My fever had gone down, but I had a pile of snotty tissues in my bed and some had fallen on the floor as well.

I was about to try to watch what I had recorded of the Festival when I heard a knock. "Come in." I said, thinking it was Midnight. I was surprised when I saw Bakugo walk through my door.

"Oh! You won!" I said, noticing the medal around his neck. Instead of looking happy, I was surprised at how pissed off he was.

"What's wrong?" I pulled up a blanket to cover myself. I knew I looked like shit.

"Fucking Todoroki. My win was just a fluke." He grumbled as he pulled up a chair and sat beside me. "He didn't use his full power like he did with Deku." He nearly spat Midoriya's name. 

"I'm sure there was a reason. Was he tired from his previous fights?" I asked, trying to comfort the blonde boy. 

"Tch. He seemed fine. I want to fight him again. How can I be number one, when people like him won't give me their all?" He asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm sure you will have another chance." I tried to lean forward, straining to see the medal that was around his neck. He looked at me, noticing what I was trying to look at. He ended up taking it off, and tossing it at me. I caught it, examining it.

"Well. Even if you think you don't deserve to win, you did do what you said you'd do. You won." I twirled the golden medal in my hands, smiling at him.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, how are you feeling? Shouldn't you be sleeping more?" He growled at me.

"I've slept all day. I was gonna try watching the Sports Festival that I recorded." I told him, handing back the medal. He reluctantly took it back, as if the thing was poisoned.

"Don't bother. It's just a waste." He stood up and placed his hands on my shoulders, pushing me back to laying down. He then grabbed my trash can that was beside my desk and started cleaning up the mess I had on my bed and floor.

"Don't. You'll get sick from my germs." I warned him. Plus, I was a little embarrassed by my mess. 

"Don't worry about it. Besides, they made soap for a reason. You need to go back to sleep so you can get better, Hot Head." 

I smiled at him, pulling the covers up to my chin. "Thank you." I whispered to him. I watched him finish picking up, before my eyes couldn't stay open anymore and I had finally drifted back off to sleep.

When Bakugo was done, he made sure I was fully asleep before putting the trash can back by my desk. It was then he noticed all the different drawings of my hero costume I was trying to design on top of it. He picked up the one I hadn't scribbled over, and then put it in his backpack. "Tch. Fucking nerd." He whispered as he started walking towards my door, shutting my light off and closing the door behind him.