Chapter Seven

"Wow. That must have been scary." I looked at Kirishima with wide eyes, taking a sip of my juice.

"It was! But the fighting part, that was fun." He said. "Bakugo and I kicked major ass." Kirishima was standing at the lunch table imitating his punches. He had just finished telling me about the attack at USJ.

I had remembered hearing about it, but I didn't pay too much attention when it had happened. Now, I wish I did.

"Sit down, dumbass." Bakugo scoffed as Kirishima obeyed like a puppy. I couldn't help but laugh a little at his obedience. Nobody could deny that Kirishima was loyal, that was for sure.

I had semi zoned out while everyone was talking. I started thinking about my hero costume, wondering what I should do for it. It wasn't until I felt a sharp jab in my side that I came out of my trance.

"Ouch!" I yelled, rubbing my side. Bakugo stared at me, annoyingly. "Are you deaf? I said we need to get back to class." He growled at me. I hadn't noticed that most of the table had already cleared, and everyone was waiting for us by the doors. "Oh, sorry." I said as I grabbed my tray and dumped it.

When we got back to class, Aizawa talked about the upcoming Sports Festival. I had to admit, it did sound pretty fun. I looked around, and most of the class looked really pumped. Especially to be scouted by a Pro. That part, didn't interest me all that much. After all, I may not be here by the time I graduate.

The rest of the day went on. Everyone was busy talking about the Sports Festival. It wasn't until I was about to leave the room that Mina stopped me. "(Y/N)! Wanna go to the mall with us?" She asked, her eyes begging. I looked up to see Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Bakugo. 

"We're all gonna head home and change, first." Kirishima said.

"Oh. Sure. I don't have much money, though." I said to them. I actually had no money at all. I need a job.

"Don't worry about it." Bakugo grunted as he walked passed everyone. "Let's get this shit over with." His tone was annoyed. I could only assume the others begged him to come and he only agreed to shut them up.

"Alright! We'll meet you guys there soon!" Mina said excitedly as her, Sero, and Kaminari left in another direction while Kirishima, Bakugo, and I went the opposite.

I walked silently behind the two boys, listening in on their conversation. They started talking again about the Sports Festival, and how they were going to be the ones to win. 

"See you guys soon!" Kirishima said as he waved, taking off towards his house.

The rest of the walk was mostly silent. "So, you, and the mall?" I asked curiously, breaking the silence.

"Tch. They wouldn't shut up." Bakugo growled as he scratched the back of his head. "Besides, I need some school supplies anyways." He looked up as they reached their houses.

"Be outside in twenty minutes." He demanded. I nodded. Now I felt like Kirishima, obeying him like a puppy. 

I walked inside the house. I had grown used to it being empty when I got home from school. Midnight was usually busy working.

However, this time, she was home. "Oh! (Y/N)! You're home!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah, but not for long. Some friends invited me to the mall." I said as I kicked my shoes off and started to make my way up to my room.

"Oh how exciting! I miss hanging out at the mall." She pouted.

"Maybe one day you and I co--" "YES! PLEASE!" Midnight almost begged. Her eyes beaming. "Oh, (Y/N), we can get cute clothes!" I laughed lightly as she jumped up and down. She acted like an excited teenager sometimes.

"Let me change. I'll be right back." I told her as I closed my bedroom door. I looked through my closet. Midnight had already bought me a few outfits, but, most were pretty scandalous... 

I decided to settle on a blue skirt, a black tank top, and a light blue jacket. It was still pretty hot outside, so, I didn't want to wear anything too heavy, however I didn't want to show too much skin, either.

I grabbed a long strapped purse, and made my way downstairs. Midnight was waiting for me in the kitchen. "Here." She said, handing me some money.

"N-no. I can't take that. I'll be alright!" I said as I tried to refuse the money, but she had slipped it in my purse before I could make my get away.

"Get yourself something nice. I picked out your clothes, but, I don't actually know what you like to wear." She said. Her eyes looked apologetic. 

I smiled at her, giving her a quick hug. "I appreciate it. Really, I do." I told her. 

Midnight gave me the biggest, sappiest smile. "Ohhh! You're just so adorable." She said. With that, I knew it was time for me to go. "Alright alright. I gotta get going. I'll probably have dinner with my friends, so don't wait for me, okay?" I told her as she nodded and watched me head outside.

Once outside, I saw Bakugo was already waiting on me. He looked good in casual clothing. He was wearing loose jeans and a t-shirt with some sort of band on it.

"Took you long enough." He grunted at me. There was one thing I noticed, but I wasn't sure if my mind was playing tricks on me or not. It looked like he was.. Blushing? If he was, he looked away fast and it didn't last long.

"Sorry, are you ready?" I said as we walked beside each other to the train station.

"Kirishima is already with the others. They are going to meet us at the mall." He said as he flipped through his phone while we walked.

It didn't take long to get to the station. However, it was very crowded. I had just realized this was the time of day where most people got off of work.

"Hey!" I yelled, as someone bumped into me, but kept walking off. I then felt a pull on my arm. Bakugo had locked our arms together, keeping me close. 

"Hot Head, don't get lost." He yelled at me. Hot Head? Was that my nickname? We quickly made our way into the train, only to be crowded against a wall. I could tell Bakugo was getting pissed, and fast.

"Shit!" I yelped as someone stepped on my foot. I heard Bakugo growl. He then pushed me against the wall of the train, my back against it and me facing him. He placed both hands on the wall, beside my head. 

I looked up at him. I could feel my cheeks turn a soft pink as I looked into his intense red eyes.

"This shit is fucking stupid." He growled as the train took off.

"It'll be alright, Bakugo. We will be there soon." I said as someone bumped into him, causing him to bump into me. "FUCKIN' WATCH IT!" He yelled as he tried to back up, but, there was just no room.

My face was against his chest at this point. I had never been this close to him, and it felt.. Different, in a way.

I looked up at him. He had quit struggling to try to back up. He just stood there, looking away as we rode the train.

Finally, we had made it to the stop where the mall was located. People got off, and before anyone could climb in, Bakugo grabbed my arm again and dragged me out of the train.

"Shit. I thought I was going to suffocate in there." He said as we made our way over to a spot where it wasn't crowded with people.

"Sorry about uh.. Being so close." I said as I looked away. I could tell I was still blushing.

"Not like we had a choice." He shrugged it off. He was blushing, too, but managed to turn away from me before I could notice.

"Let's go find the losers, Hot Head." He said as he took my hand in his, leading the way to the mall. I smiled, looking at our hands, feeling a tinge of happiness.