Chapter Nineteen

"Midnight still isn't home." I whispered to myself softly, looking at the empty house. Inhaling the night air, I didn't want to be alone. Honestly, I still had a lot of energy. Glancing over at the Bakugo house, I didn't want to bother them anymore than I already had for the night.

So that was it. I decided to walk, no, jog. Even in my dress, I just had the urge to run. I just kept going, with nowhere in particular to go. The people that were out late tonight looked at me like I was crazy, but I didn't care. I just wanted to run, and be free for just a moment.

This entire time I had been here, I felt so chained. I had one simple mission, and I couldn't fail this. If I did, I wouldn't have a home to go to. 

After a while, I found myself at the top of a small cliff at the beach. Catching my breath, sweat now dripping down my face and chest, I took in the beautiful scenery.

The moon was high in the sky, stars shining brightly as the waves calmly crashed against each other. The sand almost seemed white against the sky lights.

A slight breeze swept by, cooling me down. My hair flowing gently against it. I closed my eyes, spreading my arms out. I felt like I was flying, even just for a moment.

"Little (Y/N)?" My eyes snapped open and I returned to reality. Dropping my arms, I looked down at the beach and saw two figures. 

"Oh. Toshinori. And.. Izuku?" I squinted, looking at the green kid laying on the ground, defeated.

"What brings you out here?" Toshinori asked. I had noticed he looked a little nervous, even by the sound of his voice sounded off.

Hopping down from the cliff, I walked over to the two and looked back out at the ocean. "I just wanted to get some air." It wasn't a total lie, at least.

Izuku sat up on the sand. I noticed how worn out and rough he looked. Was he training?

"Are you okay?" He asked me, looking genuinely worried.

I nodded, giving them a small smile. It didn't seem to buy either of them, though.

"You know, if you need to talk, you can always talk to me." Toshinori offered. "I know your situation is a bit rough, and you're still adjusting." Izuku looked up at him, a bit confused.

I shook my head. "I just have a lot to think about right now. But I know.. My path is clear for me. I can't stray from it." I told them both. I was sure I wasn't making any sense to either of them. 

Walking past both of them, my back facing them and I looking out to the ocean, admiring it.

"I know I don't make sense, but I have something I have to do. I can't ignore it. I'm here for that, and only that." I looked down, my hands now clenching the hem of my dress.

Toshinori then placed a hand on my shoulder, looking out at the ocean with me.

"Whatever it is you gotta do, we're here to support you. Myself, Midnight, and I'm sure even Izuku over here wouldn't mind helping if you needed it." 

I looked over at the small beaten boy. He gave me a thumbs up, struggling just to sit up.

I chuckled, looking up at the skeleton man now. "Thank you. I appreciate it." I told him. "I just hope I don't hurt anyone in the process..." I muttered.

He shook his head. "We're strong. We got this." He grinned, patting me on the back.

"Now, how about you and young Midoriya have a small battle?" He suggested.

I looked up at him, wide eyed. "What?" Izuku and I both echoed. 

"C'mon. You need to burn some energy, and he needs to practice more." He suggested. I looked over at Izuku, my brow raised if he could even stand.