Chapter Fifteen

The night continued on with our movie picks. I took my seat back on the middle of the couch, crossing my legs as I watched my friends talk amongst themselves. Kaminari and Sero were arguing about some movie we hadn't watched, one saying it was awesome and the other saying it was amazing.

It was then I felt a plop next to me. Without even looking, I knew it was Katsuki. I could almost feel his glares on me. I knew he would want to yell at me about what I said in the kitchen, but wouldn't want to say anything in front of everyone.

I took a glance over at him. His foot was tapping the floor impatiently and he was leaning on his hand, a grumpy look on his face. I chuckled, sticking my tongue out at him.

"My movie next!" Mina chimed as she bolted up and picked out a movie. It ended up being a sappy, romantic movie. I actually liked it. The way the two characters fought for each other, the angst and drama, and the end being a happily ever after. I couldn't help but hope for something like that one day. I wanted someone all to myself, someone I could love and cherish, and just all around enjoy my life with.

It was then my eyes gazed back at Katsuki. He was lost in thought, the anger from earlier now gone for the moment. I glanced him up and down, taking in his features. His spiky, blonde hair looked soft close up. His red eyes seemed so welcoming and warm when he was calm. His lips.. Oh his lips. I started to glance down. Although he was wearing a baggy shirt, I knew he had tight muscles underneath it. I found myself longing to touch and feel his chest and stomach, wanting to feel the warmth of it.

 I then looked at his arms. I at least could see the muscle built up on them. I started wondering what it was like for him to wrap his arms around me and hold me. My eyes trailed down his arms to his hands. His hands looked rough, most likely from the explosions from his hands. 

"The fuck are you looking at?" Katsuki's voice snapped me out of my daze. Everyone turned to look at me, wondering what was going on. "I uh.. Sorry. I gotta use the restroom." I said, jumping up and bolting to the restroom. 

I quickly shut and locked the door, leaning against it. 'The fuck is wrong with me.' I thought to myself. I had just told him to not fall in love with me, and yet, my heart was pumping so fast and I couldn't shake this feeling.

'I couldn't fall for him. Not him, not anyone. I won't be here for forever. Why put myself through that?'

I stood up and looked at the mirror. My face was slightly flushed. I ran cold water, washing it over my face to try to calm down.

"(Y/N)?" I heard Mina calling my name from the other side of the door. I slowly opened it and looked at her shamelessly. "Are you alright?" She asked, cocking her head.

"Y-yeah. Sorry. Let's go back to everyone." I told her, smiling warmly at her. 

She still looked concerned, but nodded not pushing the subject. Together we walked back to the living room, her taking her spot back on the floor and me sitting on the couch between the two boys. I tried my best to ignore Katsuki staring at me, his annoyed expression returning on his face.

"Bakugo, it's your turn to pick." Kirishima reminded him. He huffed, annoyed and stood up and picked out a movie. A couple of our friends looked worried, and I didn't understand until the movie started. He had picked out a horror movie.

I didn't think it would scare me so much. Halfway through the movie, I kicked my knees up and hid my face, letting out soft squeaks every time a scary part came up on the TV. I would even jump every time a jump scare came on. "Fuck you.." I whispered to Katsuki, as I heard him scoff every time I jumped.

During this time, he got up and disappeared for a moment. Everyone was too into the movie to notice. He returned, blanket in hand and draped it over my head. I looked at him, confused, but he avoided my gaze. 

I wrapped the blanket around me, feeling the comfort as I tried to hide from the parts that frightened me. 'I'm such a pansy.' I thought to myself, letting out a small yip as someone got slashed into pieces.

Finally, the movie ended. I let out a breath of relief as everyone else started chatting about how awesome and gruesome it was.

"You okay?" Kirishima asked. He hadn't noticed you were frightened till now, and wondered where the blanket came from. I slowly nodded, my eyes wide and I still clutched tightly to the blanket.

"(Y/N), your turn to pick out a movie!" Kaminari said, wondering what types of movies you liked.

"Oh, uh. I didn't bring one. I don't own any." I told them truthfully.

"Just pick one out of the pile then and let's get this night over with already." Huffed Katsuki as he pointed to a shelf full of movies.

Slowly I got up and glanced at them. There were all sorts of movies to pick from.

I reached up and grabbed one that looked interesting, and might help get my mind off of the horror I just watched.

"This?" I asked, handing it to Kaminari. "Ohh, I haven't seen this since I was a kid." He said, putting the movie in. 

I took my place back on the couch, clinging to the blanket still. It turned out I had chosen a cartoon movie with singing. It was really cute, and I laughed as Mina, Kaminari, and Kirishima started singing along to the songs. Sero and Katsuki both looked annoyed at them.

When the movie was over, everyone was pretty much exhausted since it was so late. "We should do this again!" Mina said excitedly as she started cleaning up the snacks.

"Only if (Y/N) cooks us dinner again." Kaminari said, giving me a thumbs up and winking at me.

By this time I had abandoned the blanket, helping Mina clean up. "Oh. I'll cook anytime." I said, giving him a warm smile.

"Not at my fucking house again." Katsuki grumbled as he crossed his arms.

I laughed at him softly. "We can figure something out for next time." I said.

By now, everyone was packed up and ready to leave. Katsuki and I stood outside of his house, watching them leave.

"Well, goodnight." I said softly, but before I could walk away he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

I looked up at him. Our eyes meeting for just a moment. I stared into his deep crimson eyes, feeling lost for a moment. 

We made our way down the street, him leading and I followed behind, looking down at the ground. 'What did he want to talk about? Where are we going? Crap, this is bad. I bet it was because I was staring at him during the movie..' My mind raced, until he finally stopped. My eyes widened, and a small, innocent smile crossed my lips.