40|Liar Liar

Megan's POV
July 4, 2016 4:15 A.M.

"You may want to sit down for this," I say to Shawn. "I'm pretty sure you can tell me while I'm standing up, Meg," Shawn chuckles.

"Jackie isn't Jackie," I say. Shawn gives me a confused face. "Jackie's real name is Sarah," I say. Shawn laughs again. "I think you're really tired Megan. You should lay down-" he starts, but I cut him off. "Shawn, I'm being really serious right now, and you're making this very hard for me," I say.

"Okay. I'm sorry. Go on," he says.

"So Sarag lived in Toronto and went to our high school. She used to be best friends with me until she started a rumor that you and I were dating, but we weren't dating at the time. Are you following?" I ask. "Kinda. I'm just a little confused why she would lie to us and tell us that her name is Jackie," Shawn says.

"I honestly have no idea why she's lying. She has a plan and I know it. Back to the story though. So she started the rumor, then, I was very mad at her for telling that rumor and we weren't friends. You asked me out afterwards and we started dating. After, she purposely kissed you and you cheated on me two times with her in the time line of our relationship," I say.

"I did? I would never cheat on you," Shawn says. "Well you did," I say. "Is that why Nash and Matt keep giving her death glares? Is that why you keep calling her Sarah?" Shawn asks.

"Ye-" I start. "Hey Shawn-" Sarah says, but she gets cut off by seeing me and Shawn sitting together. "Oh. Hey Megan," she smiles, a fake smile if course. "Oh Megan, can I talk to you in the hall really quick?" She asks. "Uh, I need to talk to Shawn right now-"

"Megan," she says more sternly. "What?" I ask. "Your not my mom," I laugh. "Megan just go and tell me later," Shawn smiles.

I get up and walk outside the room with Sarah. "What do you want?" I ask. "Remember what I told you? I'm gonna tell everyone what happened that summer. Maybe even throw some lies in there, just to make it a little juicier," Sarah winks. "You're so weird. Tell them. I don't give a fuck. They're my friends. They stick with me through thick and thin," I say.

"Oh well," she smirks. She goes downstairs, and I go back into Shawn's and my room. I see Shawn sitting on the bed, looking at the view of downtown Los Angeles.

"Shawn?" I say. "Yeah," he says. "I need to tell you something. Something that the whole world will probably know soon thanks to social media and Sarah," I say. "Okay. What is it?" Shawn says scrunching his eyebrows together. I take a deep breath. I look at his innocent face and I try to hold in my tears. "I just wanna tell you before Twitter and the while world knows, okay?" I say. He nods.

"The summer of 2014, right before I met you, I knew Jack," I say. "Which one?" He asks. "Gilinsky," I sigh. "Okay, go on," Shawn says.

"We were really good friends before. He moved to Omaha at the end of summer," I say. " don't see where your going with this," Shawn chuckles. "I slept with Gilinsky," I say. His face turns pale. "Shawn I just wanted to tell you before everyone else knows and before you found out from the fans," I say.

"Were you dating me, at the time?" He asks, trying to hold his anger in. "No. I didn't know you at the time," I say. "Have you cheated on me with anyone else that I don't remember?" Shawn asks while he doesn't make eye contact with me.

"I probably sound like the biggest slut right now, but yes," I say. "I WAS-" he starts.

"Shawn you cheated on me too, but we forgave each other!" I say. "How could you not tell me all this time!" Shawn says, raising his voice. "I didn't think it was relevant! We weren't even fucking dating!" I raise my voice now.