Chapter 160: Individual Strategies

"Alright, from now on, you can use any method to try and grab the bells from me before the sun sets," Mutsuki said, casually hanging the bells on his waist while leaning against a tree as if resting.

Although Mutsuki was full of openings at the moment, none of the three immediately made a move. Obito and Guy had been taught by Mutsuki for a long time and knew how terrifying his strength was, especially Guy. He had witnessed Mutsuki's battle with the Six-Gate user, Might Duy, where speed and strength were beyond what he could currently comprehend.

Kakashi, being an experienced ninja, decided not to probe Mutsuki's true abilities himself. Instead, he planned to wait for Obito and Guy to make their move before seizing the opportunity to grab the bells.

"​What should we do? It's so difficult to snatch something from Yumi-sensei," Obito scratched his head, unable to think of a way to grab the bells from Mutsuki.

Guy, who liked to be straightforward, couldn't help but nod. "It feels like we won't stand a chance if we just rush in."

Rushing directly towards Mutsuki with his speed would only be walking into a trap.

"Do you know any information about Yumi Squad Captain?" Kakashi pondered and asked. Having knowledge about Mutsuki would be helpful in the battle.

"Of course, because Yumi-sensei is..." Obito suddenly paused, recalling something.

"What is it?" Kakashi asked when he noticed Obito hesitated.

"He's our sensei from the summer special training," Obito quickly compensated for his hesitation with a swift response.

"Yumi-sensei has excellent Chakra control, is adept at water walking and tree climbing, and he's also very fast with the Body Flicker Jutsu," Obito added.

Kakashi remained silent, finding only the information about the Body Flicker Jutsu being fast somewhat useful from the entire conversation.

"It seems I wasn't careless just now," thought Kakashi to himself, speculating that Mutsuki might be a speed-type ninja.

After some contemplation, Kakashi had already devised a plan for snatching the bells. Speed-type ninjas have low tolerance for errors, and moreover, the opponent was an Academy teacher who hadn't engaged in real combat for a long time. In this aspect, having just gone through a brutal battle gave Kakashi a significant advantage.

After thinking it through, Kakashi felt he had a significant advantage.

"Fighting head-on definitely won't work, but as long as we grab the bells, it's enough. We can choose to use traps to divert Yumi-sensei's attention," Obito suggested after some thought.

He had experienced the effectiveness of traps when learning Soru; once he let his guard down, he either found himself dangling from a tree or being knocked out or falling into a pit.

Guy nodded. He didn't comment on whether Obito's plan was good, but he indeed couldn't think of any alternatives.

"Hey, Kakashi, aren't you going to help set up traps?" Obito looked at Kakashi, who seemed indifferent, feeling somewhat annoyed.

"At that time, don't sneak off alone to buy food and cry secretly," said Obito.

"Your imagination is quite rich, but I don't believe in your trap-making skills. Snatching the bells is something I can do alone," said Kakashi indifferently.

Making traps is basic training for ninjas. If the battlefield can be confirmed in advance, setting traps is a must. Kakashi also planned to set up some traps, but he didn't intend to do it with Obito and the others.