6. A Kouhai's Advice

Sakura's POV

"It goes SAA and then it goes SUU like that, then PON! That's it," Nishinoya instructs how to receive a volleyball.

Right now he's teaching Hinata, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi... But they all look confused. I'm guessing it's because he's a natural receiver that it's hard to teach total beginners.

I clean my camera lens and begin to put away my camera equipment. I remember the commotion a few hours ago when Nishinoya was angry about their ace not coming back. I couldn't do anything. But luckily Hinata was there. It took the simple phrase "Nishinoya-Senpai" to make Nishinoya happy again. No one could believe how big of an idiot Nishinoya is...No, they could.

After that happy moment for Nishinoya, he told the team that he's just going to help train them until Asahi came back. Him receiving Kageyama's serve shows that he's a valuable player.

I admit he is attractive....What am I saying? I think I just need some rest. Besides, to easily become happy after hearing someone call you Senpai...is he a kid? "Nishinoya is so simple-minded," I accidentally say out loud.

"Yes, he is," Shimizu agrees. "But that's just a part of his personality. It can be refreshing once you get used to it."

"Hahaha," I start to laugh without meaning to. Shimizu is right, he is a unique person. "He really is refreshing sometimes. I never met someone like him before." I wasn't just him, but the whole team is, it just has a mix of all kinds of people yet they can get along so well. It's probably because they all have a common interest...Volleyball.

As I finish cleaning, I take a glance at the time on my cell phone. It's so late, yet they're still training. I reflect back on Natsuki's words. The game was close though they did win, but they're still practicing to get better and continue winning. I smile as I watch them play. I want to get better alongside them.

"Thanks for having me," I bow my head to them, "Sorry I can't stay for too long."

"It's okay," Daichi says in a worried tone. "But it's pretty late."

"It's okay I live nearby," I reassure him.

"... But I don't really want you to walk by yourself this late." Daichi says worryingly and notices Nishinoya coming over.

"Nishinoya, can you walk with Sakura to her house?" Daichi asks Nishinoya.

He looks at me and grins. "Sure, I'll walk you home. I live close by."

"...You don't have to walk me," I say. I'm glad he wants to walk with me, but I don't want to bother him.

"It's okay, I finished teaching them. All they need to do is practice." He gives me a thumbs up. He quickly changes and leaves with me.

"Thanks for walking me home," I say as we walk to my house. There was an awkward silence, which is strange with the usually loud Nishinoya...He was surprisingly quiet. I take a peek at Nishinoya who is walking beside me. He isn't himself right now. Even though he looks the same, he had things weighing him down.

I shake my head. Why do I even care? I barely know him, so why am I trying to help him?

"No problem, Sakura," he takes a while to reply but eventually answers. He smiles and he looks up to the sky. "Sakura, look at the sky."

I did as he said, and I see the stars twinkling in the dark sky. They shine brightly, even in the darkness. Without the night sky, the stars can never shine this clearly. "It's pretty." I use my fingers and form a rectangular shape as if I was taking a picture of the view.

"...Sakura, do you think I'm too dependent on our ace? I mean, I couldn't do anything for the team and got banned from club activities for a while. I feel like I'm the only one worried about our ace...I just want everyone to be together like before. But I feel so useless..." Nishinoya expresses his feelings about their ace to me.