42. Loud Mouth

Sakura POV
(Next Day ~ After Practice)

Today is the second day of the Tokyo training camp. After taking a few pictures, I decide to stop and watch the practice matches with Yachi. The matches today have been different from before due to the tension in the team. I wonder what happened between everyone? I turn to Tomoyo hoping for some answers, but once I see her face buried in her notebook, I don't even bother asking her anything since it looks like she's in her own little world right now.

"Am I imagining it or...Is there a strain between Hinata and Kageyama...?" Yachi asks the same thoughts I had on my mind.

"It's more like the entire team," I answer looking at everyone playing. "It's as if the entire team is skating on fragile ice," I comment and Shimizu nods her head.

"You two are correct, everyone's tension is high right now," she says as we watch Karasuno play.

"I don't blame them," Tomoyo comments as she shuts her notebook. "I'm sure all the coaches notice this, but they're playing it safe. I watched the Inter-high Preliminaries and seeing them now, I believe that if they don't do something about it, then they won't get any better," she tells us with a rare serious expression. "Shiratorizawa is a scary opponent, and in order for them to get into Nationals they will probably have to face them," she says and dramatically pumps her fist with brimming shiny eyes. "And so as Natsu-sama's substitute temporary coach, I will train this weak team into becoming best!" she loudly declares and a water bottle is thrown at her head.

"WE CAN HEAR YOU TOMOYO!" Daichi shouts with a vein popping on his head.

"Hehehe! You know it's true though~" Tomoyo scratches the back of her neck with a smile and the team seems pissed off hearing that. I swear, when it comes to coaching, Tomoyo and Natsuki have different airs about them. Tomoyo goes over to Takeda-sensei. "Takeda-sensei thinks so too, right?" she nudges sensei and he nods his head.

"Tomoyo is right. You guys are the weakest team out there!" Takeda-sensei says with a bright smile on his face. Crap! Those two are so straightforward that it scares me. I continue listening to Takeda-sensei's. "If we were to have an official match with these teams, all of them would be incredibly difficult to win against. Will you view them simply as opponents? Or are you going to see them as potential teachers?" Takeda Sensei tells them and their mood brightens.

"That's some amazing words of wisdom," I blurt out and Tomoyo grins.

"Takeda-sensei is the best when it comes to speeches like that," Tomoyo says nudging Takeda-sensei.

"That's not true," Takeda-sensei says, blushing in embarrassment.

"That's right. You were just speaking like a teacher, thanks!" Coach Ukai says with a thumbs up and Takeda-sensei sweatdrops.

"...I am a teacher though..." Takeda-sensei frowns.

The match between Karasuno and Nekoma continues, and Nekoma wins with a score of 25-18. I watch the team do another lap of flying falls...I can't even tell how many times they lost, I could never do something like that.

"Sakura, Yachi, Shimizu, Tomoyo~" Akane waves with Nanami nervously tagging along right behind her.

"Akane, Kuroo's going to get angry at you," Nanami warns her, but Akane pushes Nanami's words away.

"Akane, what's going on?" I ask her and she grins.

"Lunch is soon, so we can eat together again? Haruka will join us too~" Akane says, and Nanami continuously looks around nervously like a deer.

"Of course," we all answer her.

"Akane, Nanami, get back here!" Kuroo angrily shouts and Akane doesn't notice, but Nanami flinches.