37. Test Results

Sakura POV
(In class)

It has been a few weeks since Yachi's and Nishinoya's declaration. The poster Yachi was a huge success, and even though I haven't seen Nishinoya for a while, Tanaka and Tomoyo would always pop over to tell me how much Nishinoya would study in his free time for the exams.

And besides those two, I heard that the rest of the team are studying for their exams whenever they have the chance, and are practicing all day to prepare themselves for their trip to Tokyo for the training camp. These two weeks went by quickly with all the photography club activities I had, and before I knew it the exams came by, and today is the day the exam results are out.

I watch the students get out of their seat one by one to get their graded exams. I lean back and forth on my chair, trying to calm myself as I listen to all the names being called by the teacher.

"Kei Tsukishima," I hear my teacher call out, and I watch Tsukishima lazily get up from his seat to grab his exams. He comes back to his seat with a monotone expression. Did he do bad? He doesn't seem excited or disappointed. I take a small peek at his test and my eyes widen seeing  close to perfect scores on every single test. He pretty much got a perfect score on everything! I didn't know he was this smart!

"Sakura Hirai," my teacher calls my name and I slowly walk to her anxiously. I seriously have to keep calm, the exams weren't too hard. The teacher hands me all my exams and I mostly get scores ranging from around the 80s to 90s. I sigh seeing the scores on the subjects that I thought I would ace. I walk back to my seat and examine the mistakes on my exam...High school is way different from middle school, that's for sure. I just hope Nishinoya did good or at least got a passing score.

Nishinoya POV
(At class)

"Andou," my teacher calls out. I bite down on my paper nervously. I studied hard. Every second of my life spent studying for the exams, just for this moment. All the suffering Tanaka and I had to face when Ennoshita and Sota kept pointing out every little mistake we made. I had to memorize so many things! However, the pain when studying for an exam only lasts for so long, but my grade will haunt me forever. Shit! What if I made a dumb mistake and got a 39...? I don't want to be on the borderline!! I start panicking at the possibilities of failing and the scenarios replay through my head. I just need a passing score to not take those supplementary classes!!!

"Yuu Nishinoya," my teacher says, holding my exams. I bite my lip to keep myself from running away and walk towards the teacher.

Please pass! Please pass! Please pass!

I close my eyes afraid of seeing the failing score on my exam. She hands me the exam and curiosity takes over as I look down at my exam...and see a 42 out 100! I can't believe it!!! That's the best score I've ever gotten! I check the name on the test to see that it was indeed my test! This is the best day ever!!! "I-I passed!!!" I accidentally shout out loud.

"Er--yes, you did pass Nishinoya, so can you please--" the teacher tries to say, but before he could do anything about me, Tanaka stands up from his seat with a grin on his face.

"Noya, what did you get!?" Tanaka shouts across the classroom and I grin.

"I got a 42! I passed!! How about you?" I excitedly ask him. He bursts out laughing in joy seeing my score and runs over to my seat.

"Guess who also passed their exams?" he shoves his test in front of my face and I see a 45/100 on his exam. "We did it Noya! We can go to Tokyo without taking those supplementary classes!" We high five each other in joy and pump our arms.

"You two passed, congrats!" Tomoyo praises us and comes over to my desk. "Guess who else is joining you?" Tomoyo proudly says and our eyes lighten up hearing her words.