55. Past Memories

Sakura POV
(Minami-san Junior High - 2 years ago)

If I ever compare myself now to the past, you can't really say that I was the same person. Along with that, I couldn't say that I was an outgoing person or the silent loner type either. All in all, I was in between. I didn't mind people, and people didn't mind me. I didn't make many friends, but I was fine with that. Everyday was just another day, and I just did what I had to do to get by without any problems. I didn't need clubs or sports, I just went to school and went home like a daily routine.

(September of 2nd year - The end of class for the first day of school)

(First Encounter with Mihane)

Ring

The classroom bell rings for the first day of school and I couldn't be anymore happier to hear it. I pack up my things away and get ready to leave, but my teacher spurts out the class duties that I didn't want to hear.

"Sakura Hirai and Mihane Iwasaki will stay after class for this week for class duties," My teacher announces and I frown upon hearing my name. Guess I can't go home early.

"But who's Mihane?" I mumble in annoyance. I scan the classroom to figure out who the person I was going to work with. Hopefully it's someone I can manage.

"Oh my gosh, Mihane, where did you get that cute keychain from?" I overhear a girl with short white hair loudly ask a girl with dirty blonde hair.

"Thanks Shiro. I got it from the outlet close by here, we should go together sometime," the girl named Mihane answers with a silly grin.

I facepalm myself. I got paired up with an annoying person. I can't handle the girls who only think about cute things. This isn't going to be good. I catch the attention of Mihane and I immediately avoid contact with her. She tilts her head in confusion.

"Mihane, that's Sakura, she's your partner for class duties this week. You're going to have it hard because she's not outgoing like you are," Shiro says and I can tell she wasn't exactly the friendly type of person towards me.

"She seems like a nice person though," I hear Mihane say ignoring the words her friend Shiro said.

"I'm just saying. She doesn't talk a lot. I was in her class last year, and she doesn't involve herself with anyone," Shiro adds and I frown hearing her words. I don't need to involve myself with people, I don't need meaningless talking.

"It will just be for this week," Mihane says and winks. "You never know a person until you talk to them more," she says and Shiro sighs.

"Whatever. I'll see you later Mihane," Shiro says and leaves. Mihane turns to me, making me jolt back in surprise. She rushes over and slams her hands on my desk.

"Your name is Sakura Hirai right?" Mihane asks with a large smile that makes me very uncomfortable. I frown. She's probably just forcing herself to greet me since we're partners for class duties and nothing more.

"I am?" I question her with no interest in mind.

"Hm," she takes some time to think and then she suddenly grins. "Your name is Sakura Hirai right? So if you change your last name to Haruno then you could have the same name as Sakura Haruno from the anime Naruto," she points out. "I love that show, but you're nothing like Sakura Haruno at all~" she bluntly tells me.

I didn't think she would be someone who would watch anime. I thought she was the popular chick that wouldn't want to talk to someone like me.

"Having the same name doesn't mean I'll be like her..." I explain to her not bothering to question why she even mentions that and she shakes her head.