S1. New Years

•Goldfish Scooping Game•

Sakura POV

Right now we're at the New Year's Eve festival together at a particular stand that caught Yuu's attention. The one and only infamous...Goldfish scooping stand. Currently, Yuu's goal is to catch himself a goldfish, but it hasn't exactly been going his way.

"Why is it so hard to catch a fish?!" Yuu shouts in frustration as he tries to scoop a fish but the paper net easily breaks. I watch him toss the broken net alongside the many other nets he already broke.

I sweatdrop seeing the broken nets being toss aside. That's already the fifth one. At this rate, he's going to break all our nets and lose all his cash! I need to stop him before he becomes homeless!

"Yuu, you don't really need to get a fish do you?" I try to lead him away from the goldfish stand, but he doesn't budge an inch.

"No, I need to do this!" Yuu says with a serious expression. "They say goldfish bring good luck to relationships!" My heart skips a beat seeing him do this because of us. I try to calm my heart down. Even if he's doing this for good luck, he can't keep playing until he goes bankrupt.

I take some cash from my pocket and hand it to the person in charge of the stand. "Can I have a net please?" I ask and he nods his head.

"Go right ahead~" he says and hands me the net.

I take the net from him and go over to Yuu. I watch Yuu focusing as he struggles to catch a fish. He's going to never catch a fish at this rate!

I pump my fists. Yosh! I can help him! I squat down next to him and try to catch the quick moving goldfish, but end up getting splash by water.

"Sakura, what are you doing?" Yuu asks me surprised to see me trying to catch a goldfish.

"You said that goldfishes are good luck for relationships right? Then let me help you! After all, we're both in a relationship together aren't we?" I wink and his eyes gleam in admiration after hearing my words.

"Right!" He nods his head in agreement. Yuu and I try to catch goldfish, but it wasn't easy at all, the nets are so slim.

Hm...What can I do to make sure the net doesn't break so we can at least catch one goldfish? I look over at all the nets that Yuu had and my own...A lightbulb turns on in my mind and I pull on Yuu's sleeve.

"Let's put our nets together," I tell him and Yuu's eyes widen in confusion.

"Are we allowed to do that?" he asks me and I shrug.

"I'm not sure, but we are always better together right?" I grin.

Yuu's face flushes dark red and he hides his face from me. "Sakura, sometimes you say the most embarrassing things."

"Huh?" I tilt my head in confusion.

Yuu shakes his head to cool himself down and slaps his cheeks.

"Let's do this Sakura!" Yuu shouts.

"Right!" I cheer.

The two of us put our nets together and slowly catch two fishes that were swimming together. We slowly put it into the bowl and successfully get two goldfishes. "Yes!" Yuu and I happily shout in joy seeing the two goldfish fall into the bowl. We did it! We give each other a high-five.

"This means we get double good luck in our relationship this year!" Yuu states seeing the two goldfish in the bowl and I nod my head.

"Of course, after all, we did this together," I give him a thumbs up with a silly smile on my face.

(Bonus Scene)

"By the way Yuu, who told you that goldfishes were good luck?" I ask and he grins.

"The person working at the stand," Yuu proudly says and I stop walking having an aha moment. I sweatdrop realizing the truth. That person probably made tons of money just because the two of us were playing.

(Meanwhile)

"Kufufufu, easy money today," the man in charge of the stand chuckles to himself counting the moment he made off today from his goldfish scooping stand.