59. Isolation

Sakura POV
(In the past)

"Shiro, do you think Sakura's here?" a voice shouts as I hide in a bathroom stall trying to avoid the bullying from Shiro and her group.

The shadows move around looking for me. The possible moment that they might find me makes me want to scream.

"Shiro, she isn't here!" a girl shouts and I quietly sigh in relief.

"Not here hmmm..." Shiro says and my nerves come back hearing the suspicious tone in her voice. I start shaking and try to keep my composure together before losing myself to fear. Everyone gossips about me because of Shiro, but that's not enough for her. She has to bully me in order to feel good about herself.

The bathroom is silent and the only thing that could be heard is water dripping from the sink. Every second feels like forever. Shiro doesn't plan on leaving until she finds me.

"Hahaha, you girls need to look in the second to last stall," she states and my eyes widen hearing the stall that I was in. How did she know? I hear the footsteps coming towards me and my mind scatters.

No...No...NO!!!

(Reality)

I abruptly wake up in the middle night heavily breathing. Sweat falls down as I try to keep my composure. I look at the time on my alarm clock. It's only 2 am. I slowly fall back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. It's been almost a year since I've been away from the bullying of those girls.

I haven't had a nightmare like that in a while. I take slow breaths and close my eyes. My life now and my life before are so different that the me from before wouldn't believe the person I am now. I still remember all the text messages Yuu sent to me a few days ago. I smack my pillow on my face.

What am I doing now? I'm avoiding everyone and I'm hurting them. They're all worried about me. I'm pathetic. Today is the day. In a few hours, I will have to meet with Shiro. I turn my head to the side.

All I want is to go back to the happy days. I wish I don't have to meet Shiro, but I don't have a choice. I knew that seeing her again will eventually happen, I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I'm afraid of losing everything I love and care for. I'm afraid to be by myself.

Nishinoya POV
(5 pm - Stardust Cafe)

Right now my leg is shaking impatiently as I wait for Mihane to come. Tomoyo gave me her phone number and I sent her a text telling her if it was okay for us to meet up. Of course she was surprised, but Mihane texted that today was the best day for her.

I anxiously look around the cafe. There's nothing wrong with this cafe, but it looks strange for a guy to be here all by himself. I wish Sakura was here with me, she would enjoy it.

"Nishinoya, sorry for coming so late," Mihane says and jogs over to my table. I notice that she's wearing a t-shirt from Aobajohsai and shorts. She must have come from volleyball practice. "They needed their libero for longer than I expected," she laughs and my eyes widen.

"Oh, right, you're now the libero, how is it?" I ask Mihane.

Her eyes sparkle. "Being the libero is the best, getting all the balls that seem impossible for the team. I'm the team's backbone. The person that makes the impossible possible!" she proudly says and I nod my head.

"Right!" I agree with the same thoughts in mind when I think about being a libero and we give each other a double high five.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Mihane grins and the smile on my face falters remembering why I came here in the first place.