23. Welcome Back!

Sakura POV
(After school - Photography club)

"Everyone, let's welcome back Sakura and Natsuki!" Touya cries waterfalls of happiness as he announces this to the club. Rina pulls a party popper out of nowhere and confetti flies everywhere.

"Welcome back!" Everyone shouts. I look around the classroom and see a festive feel in the classroom. We didn't attend the club for only a few days...Is it really that exciting that Natsuki and I came back?

"Thanks!" I smile back at them enthusiastically. It does make me feel happy that they missed us. No one has ever done this kind of thing for me before. It's really refreshing. I turn to Natsuki, who doesn't say anything, but after being with her for so long, I know that she's happy too.

Tomoyo stands between us with a huge apple cider bottle in her hands, "You guys, we need a toast!" I watch Tomoyo violently shake the apple cider bottle. I jerk back as I see the cider start to bubble up and the bottle cap pops off loudly. The bottle cap flies across the room and hits Sota's forehead.

"Geh!" Sota jerks back and a big bruise forms on his forehead. Ouch!

"Grrr..." I hear a growling noise come from Tomoe whose face currently looks like an angry demon. The drink spilled all over him, he's completely soaked!

"TOMOYO!!!" Tomoe and Sota shout, glaring at her.

"Hehe, whoops!" She scratches the back of her head and just gives a silly smile as if nothing happened.

"Now, now, you guys, let's calm down," Touya pulls Tomoe and Sota back, trying to stop them before something crazy will occur. What happened to welcoming us back? I mean, look at this! The environment hasn't changed in any way....No, it's gotten rowdier and crazier than before.

"Ahem," Rina clears her throat and waits for everyone's attention. Natsuki and I continue to watch the situation unfold from Rina's growing annoyance. "AHEM!" She smacks Tomoyo's, Tomoe's, Touya's, and Sota's heads to get their attention. The place she hits them swells up and forms a large bump. They all turn their heads to her in fear of what she might do next.

She's like the mother bear of the club...I don't want to make her angry. Natsuki seems petrified and I quietly step back and wait for what Rina needs to say.

"While Sakura and Natsuki were gone, the club got bigger with two people rejoining us," she calmly says as her feet rest on Touya's back who's lying on the floor. He tries to get up but struggles with doing so. That looks so painful. I stand up to help Touya, but Natsuki stops me.

"Don't do it, it's every person for themselves when it comes to Rina," Natsuki nervously whispers and I sit back down. I continue watching Touya squirm helplessly under Rina's feet with a frightening expression on Rina's face.

"You two!" Rina turns to Tomoyo and Tomoe and they flinch from her gaze, "Introduce yourselves!" Looking at the two, I've only interacted with Tomoyo twice, and it's enough to know that she's an energetic and mischievous type of person. Tomoe on the other hand looks like a reserved person with delinquent looks but he seems like he gives off the same energy as Tomoyo.

Tomoyo turns to me, "Tomoyo Tsukinose! I'm a second year, don't call me senpai since I'm the same age as you and it makes me feel old," She gives me a smile and pats my shoulder, "but you already know me so need to say anything else about me."

I smile. It's nice, though. Everyone here is older than me, so at least now I know there's someone my age in this club.

Tomoe stands up. "Nice to meet you, my name is Tomoe Tsukinose. Tomoyo's older brother and a second year here. Oh and if she ever bothers you let me know," he jokingly teases and Tomoyo puffs her cheeks annoyed.