10. Please Forgive Me?

Sakura POV
(In the gym - After Practice)

"Daichi, is it okay if I can have another permission slip?" I ask him as I give him my signed permission slip.

"Sure Sakura. Why do you need another one?" Daichi asks as he hands me another permission slip.

"It's...For Natsuki. Is it okay if she comes to the training camp too?" I ask him. It was Touya's suggestion, but it would be nice to have another photographer there. She can give me advice.

"Oh, I forgot! Touya told me about this earlier. Of course Natsuki can come to the training camp, the more the merrier!" Daichi answers back.

Kageyama's head perks up while doing his warm-ups when he hears this.

"Wait--Natsuki is coming?" Kageyama looks over to me from his practice.

"Well...Yes..." I awkwardly answer back as his eyes are shining brightly. This is the first time that I've engaged in a real conversation with Kageyama about anything.

"Did Natsuki say anything about coaching me as a setter?!" Kageyama runs over to me and Daichi.

"Why do you ask?" I question him and his face flushes red.

"Because she needs to be my coach, in order for me to get better," he stutters. Does he seriously only think about volleyball???

"Um..." I don't know what to say. He's too devoted to volleyball...he needs some social skills.

"Is she going to be my coach or not?!" He stares at me with a fierce gaze, but he doesn't seem angry. Does he always look like this? Yet just him looking at me like that was frightening enough. I feel like saying no wouldn't be a great answer.

"Y-yep, she's agreed to teaching you volleyball," I give him a thumbs up and Kageyama's face brightens up with a smile.

"Really?!" his eyes are brimming with joy. "Yes! I'm going to be learning from a real volleyball genius!" he exclaims joyfully and I feel an aura of irritation from behind me. I turn around and see the whole team looking at him with a deadpan expression.

[You're a genius too, idiot] They all silently think.

"Did she really agree to that?" Daichi asks in a quiet voice that only I can hear.

"No..." I whisper to him. "But why Natsuki though, is she a volleyball player?" I wonder. I still remember when Tomoyo mentioned this on the balcony...is she really good or something?

"Yep, she's a genius," Nishinoya and Tanaka say in syn. "She's the volleyball genius that no one can get near." The two of them both swoon and melt to the ground from thinking about her.

"I think it's best if you see her play for yourself," Kageyama states. "Once I saw her play, I realized that I still have a long way to go."

"Is she really that good?" I was slightly unconvinced. Natsuki doesn't talk about volleyball in the photography club. She's not even on the girls volleyball team.

"Well, she is really good. After all, she went to Shiratorizawa Junior High, and the training is really intense there." Sugawara explains to me.

Seriously? Isn't that a private school that only rich and smart people can get into? And Natsuki attended that school? Just who is she?!

(Next Day - At lunch)

"What?!"

I flinch.

"You told Kageyama that I was going to coach him?!" Natsuki shouts at me and squeezes her strawberry milk carton.

"Pfft...Hahaha!" Tomoyo bursts out laughing. "That sucks Natsu-sama! Your photography trainee signed you up as coach for the boy who always takes your strawberry milk!" She leans on the balcony railing for support as she continues laughing.