S4. Sakura's Birthday

•A Big Surprise•

Nishinoya POV
(At the end of class)

I check the time on the clock and my eyes brim with pure joy. School's about to end soon. The exciting part of the day is coming...Celebrating Sakura's birthday!!! I happily think to myself as I put my things away in my backpack.

After being given such a great birthday gift by her, I want to give her the biggest surprise ever. The one thing she'll never be expecting for her birthday gift to be. Me!

Ring Ring

The bell rings and I dash out of the classroom pulling Tomoyo and Tanaka along with me, but before they can ask why I dragged them here, I immediately bow my head down to them. "Can you two please help me set up Sakura's birthday gift?!" I ask keeping my head down waiting for an answer.

"It's Sakura's birthday?" Tanaka asks in surprise and I vigorously nod my head.

"March 14!" I tell him.

"Really? I didn't hear anything about it, but sure I'm down with it!" Tanaka easily agrees with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh, Sakura's birthday. Why not~?" Tomoyo says with a mischievous smile.

I pump my fist with tears of happiness. Tanaka and Tomoyo are the best! They are the friends I can always depend on when I need them the most.

"So what are you going to do?" Tanaka asks.

"I'm going to be her present," I tell them proudly pointing to myself.

"Eh?" Tanaka and Tomoyo say with a blank expression.

Tomoyo shakes her head trying to clear her thoughts. "Wait, how are you going to do that?" she asks as she purses her lips. "It doesn't make any sense," Tomoyo states and I loudly laugh.

"I'm going to hide inside a huge gift box, and when she's going to open it, I'll be inside and jump out to say happy birthday to her!" I explain to them.

"I see! That's amazing Noya!" Tanaka claps and Tomoyo sweatdrops hearing my words.

"Why are you doing that?" Tomoyo questions. "I think girls would like to receive something sentimental from their boyfriend, just saying 'cause I'm a girl myself," Tomoyo recommends and I laugh.

"Of course! I have her actual gift that I plan to give to her~ It took me a long time to buy it," I show her the gift bag containing her actual gift. "But a few days ago, I was walking with Sakura and she mentioned how she likes to have surprises on her birthday rather than knowing everything, so I decided that I wanted to pop out of a gift box and give her the gift," I tell them with a cheeky smile.

"If you say it like that, I've got help!" Tanaka pumps his fists.

Tomoyo shrugs, "It's Sakura's birthday, it only happens once a year, so might as well make it count~"

Sakura POV
(After class)

"It's your birthday today, right Sakura?" Yamaguchi asks as he walks with Tsukishima and me to the boys' volleyball gym for another day of practice.

"Yeah, today's my birthday. How did you figure it out?" I ask and Yamaguchi widely grins.

"I overheard Nishinoya talking about it," he answers.

"Yuu's pretty loud," I sigh and awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "I don't really tell people my birthday. I mean, if someone asks me, then I'll tell them, but it's not something I announce to the world," I say and Yamaguchinods his head in understanding.