38. Arriving to Tokyo

Sakura POV

"Ooh!!! Could that be...The Tokyo Skytree?!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shout with sparkling eyes.

"No, that's just a normal steel tower," Kai straightforwardly tells them.

"Bwahahahahaha!" I hear Kuroo's loud laugh and I turn away from their direction. I don't blame Tanaka and Nishinoya, though. All these towers look like the Tokyo Skytree, I can't even tell the difference. I've already embarrassed myself when I took a selfie with a steel tower and sent it to Mihane.

(Rewind to a few minutes ago)

<Mihane, I'm in Tokyo! I'm right next to the Tokyo Skytree!> I text her and send her the picture. I wait a few seconds and like I thought, she gave a quick response back, but it wasn't exactly the response I was expecting to hear.

<Um...Sakura that's not the Tokyo Skytree. I showed this picture to my senpai and she told me that's just a regular steel tower...Here's a picture of the actual Skytree >~< >

I check the photo and frown at the picture she sent me. It's totally off!

(Back to the present)

I press the picture attached again to compare the two totally different towers around us...And that's the reason why I know what the Tokyo Skytree looks like. I walk ahead to Yachi and Shimizu. I notice Yachi surveying the area like it's a newly discovered wild land and Shimizu watching over Yachi to make sure she doesn't freak out over anything.

"Sakura, Shimizu, Yachi~" Tomoyo calls out holding some snacks and runs to our side. "Here, take one~" Tomoyo happily hands me a carton of strawberry milk and hands the other two some milk drinks.

"Thanks Tomoyo," I thank her and take the strawberry milk from her. I take a sip of the drink and quickly spit it out. "Tomoyo what's in this drink?! It's all sugar?!" I ask her and she tilts her head in confusion.

"Huh? This is just milk from the vending machine," she says confused, "Don't you like sweet things Sakura?" She puffs her cheeks and I give her a deadpan expression. "Wait, you don't!? I'm so sorry!" she bows down and I sigh.

"It's okay Tomoyo," I pat her on the back and tears form in her eyes.

"Sakura! You're the best kouhai ever!" she cries out and gives me a huge hug.

"It's no problem," I laugh it off. "Don't you normally give this to Natsuki though?" I ask and her face darkens.

W-wait, is mentioning Natsuki to Tomoyo taboo?!

"...Yeah, I do," she answers with a subtle smile, "I gave it to her everyday. I guess I still have the habit of getting sweet milk drinks. After all, it's Natsuki's favorite." She pulls me along and forces a smile. "Putting that aside, we're in Tokyo! Let's enjoy it," she happily says. I take a look around the city of Tokyo.

"This place looks just like our place though--" I bluntly state and Tomoyo suddenly stops and I bump into her. "Tomoyo why did you stop?" I rub my head and poke my head to see the commotion in front of her. I sweatdrop seeing a similar scene from my last visit with Nekoma.

"The girls have multiplied!!" Yamamoto cries with tears of joy as he drops down to the floor on his knees. "They have a new cute girl and new super pretty girl!!!"

"W-what's going on?" Tomoyo asks with her eyebrow twitching with insecurity, and Shimizu puts her arm out to protect Yachi and her.

"This is a normal thing," I straightforwardly answer her and Tomoyo gives me a deadpan expression. "No seriously," I point to Tanaka who stands in front of us with his hands out like bodhisattva with a strange light coming from him.