12. Hidden Away

Sakura's POV

Nishinoya...Why did he eat my popsicle? Why does he make me blush? Why does he always know how to make me feel better?

Are we more than friends? Are we even friends? I know he likes girls like Shimizu-senpai and Natsuki who are beautiful and mature....But that's not me. I'm just the plain girl with ponytails assigned as the photographer, nothing more.

While I'm thinking about this, I notice him putting the popsicle stick in his pocket. Does he not want to trade it for another popsicle?

I shake the thought out of my head...But he really did help me feel better, so I want to give him something.

"Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo appears from behind me and gives me a big hug. Natsuki walks up to us eating her strawberry Garigari-kun popsicle.

"Tomoyo, Natsuki what are you guys doing here? I thought you two were talking to Daichi-senpai and the rest of the team," I ask while being crushed by Tomoyo's hug.

"We did, and the team said that you didn't seem well, so we came to you guys so a certain person can apologize." Tomoyo says and pushes Natsuki to me.

"Come on, Natsu-sama. What do you have to say to her?" Tomoyo threateningly smiles and Natsuki flinches. That's surprising. Tomoyo doesn't seem that scary compared to Rina...I wonder why she reacted like that.

"Tch. You don't have to make a big deal out of it. It's embarrassing," she murmurs and turns her attention to me.

"... I'm sorry," she awkwardly scratches the back of her head. "The people around me are used to how I act...But you aren't...And I shouldn't have vented my anger on you..." She awkwardly apologizes and raises a fist in front of me.

I look at her with confusion. "Is there something wrong?" My face loses color. Is she about to punch me?!

"It's a fist bump to make up, isn't this something friends do...?" Clearly confused by the situation, she turns to Tomoyo for reassurance. Tomoyo nods her head. I notice Nishinoya giving me a thumbs up.

I laugh, Natsuki doesn't seem very social, like me. "Friends." I fist bump her back.

She's not even the reason why I was sad. I totally forgot about how angry Natsuki was yesterday. I can't believe she thought it was her fault that I was gloomy.

But it wasn't just Natsuki. It was Nishinoya, Tomoyo, and the whole team. They all care about me.

"Sakura-chan, everyone is here for you. The volleyball club and the photography club. We are all your friends, so don't worry about everything by yourself." Noya pats me on the back.

Tomoyo ruffles my hair along with Nishinoya's, then stops. "Oh, I almost forgot! Noya-san, guess what? Natsu-sama is officially a coach for your team, along with Keishin Ukai," Tomoyo announces to me and Noya.

"Really? That's great, Natsuki-san is going to our volleyball sensei!" Nishinoya pumps his fist in joy and Tomoyo grins. Natsuki' shoots a glare at the two.

"Oi! I told the team that I'm not 100% sure. I made a deal with Kageyama. If the team doesn't meet my standards, then I won't teach him or anyone." She finishes her popsicle and throws away her trash.

"Woohoo!" The two of them cheer which irritates Natsuki even more.

"Tomoyo, you should join the girls volleyball team or be a coach like Natsuki," Nishinoya says and Tomoyo smiles sadly.

"Maybe....But I'm doing so bad in school that I can't even join the photography club," Tomoyo laughs. "So who knows? But I do have a plan." An evil smile forms on her face.