14. Where to sleep?

Sakura POV
(After Dinner)

"Sakura, Natsuki I forgot to ask you two, but where do you want to sleep?" Daichi asks us as Sugawara and him clear the dinner table.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask. "I thought we had our own rooms?"

"Well, the rooms are divided by first, second, and third years. Since it's normally either only the boys or girls team that gather here, they don't have to worry about this kind of thing," Sugawara explains to us.

Natsuki has an indifferent expression as she blows a strand of hair out of her face. "I don't care who I'm with. I'll take any room you assign me."

"Sakura!!!! Natsuki!!!" Tanaka and Nishinoya run over to us when they hear our conversation. "Those first years and third years are vicious wolves! They're going to eat you up!" Tanaka and Nishinoya say panicking.

Natsuki looks at them and then facepalms herself. "It's like listening to Touya's annoying lectures again," Natsuki murmurs to herself.

Natsuki turns to me. "I already know how to protect myself and I don't really care...so it doesn't matter where I sleep. I'll just go with Sakura's decision."

"!!!!" My mouth drops in shock. Wait--what...? MY DECISION?!?!?

Everyone turns to me waiting for my decision. Don't stress me out like that! I frown at her, but she doesn't notice and takes out her hair. Is she serious....?

She puts me on the spot without considering my feelings! Now I'm responsible for this! I don't know what to do!

"Sakura! The two of you should join us since we're all good friends!" Nishinoya grins next to me.

Seriously, Nishinoya may not be aware of this, but when he smiles like that, I can't say no to him...I don't know anything about the third years and the first years don't seem that bad... But being with them while Kageyama and Tsukishima are together doesn't make it feel like a relaxing place. The second years don't seem that bad of a choice.

Besides, I think it would be nice to be in the same room as Nishinoya and the other second years. I smile to myself.

"I-I think I'll go with the second years, are you okay with that Natsuki?" I ask her. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable, so I want to hear what she thinks.

"Yay! Sakura is with us!!" Nishinoya and Tanaka cheer in joy and wait to hear Natsuki's answer.

Natsuki notices everyone staring at her as they wait for her answer. She sighs. "I don't care. I can sleep with the second--" Natsuki was about to answer but is interrupted by Kageyama's outburst.

"N-NO YOU CAN'T!" Kageyama shouts and everyone turns to him."...Don't trust them. They're the real wolves." Kageyama glares at them.

"WHAT THE HELL KAGEYAMA?!" Nishinoya and Tanaka yell. They try to attack Kageyama, but Daichi stops them.

"NOYA!!! TANAKA!!! SHUT UP!!!" Daichi scolds them after losing his patience.

I notice Tsukishima whispering something to Kageyama and Kageyama's face turns as red as a tomato in a flash. What did Tsukishima say to Kageyama?

"Uhm...Sakura and Natsuki can sleep in our room since....Hinata's there." Kageyama says, trying to convince them.

"Why mention me?" Hinata tilts his head wondering why it would make a difference if he was there or not. Kageyama whispers to Hinata and he freezes, but then nods his head as he listens. "Sakura, you should come with us, we're safe!" Hinata points to himself with an innocent smile.

Everyone goes silent and thinks hard about what Kageyama said. They all find it surprising that he would want Natsuki and me to sleep in the first years' room. I would have never expected him to be so determined to keep us away from the second years.

"If Hinata's there, then it's not like they can do anything," Daichi nods his head in agreement.

"That's true," Sugawara takes a quick glance at Hinata, "Hinata is too naive... he's like a puppy, which could be a good thing." Sugawara agrees to Kageyama's offer.

"I think being with the first years is a better choice," Daichi advises.

"O-Okay then," I answer and see Nishinoya sadden from my answer, but quickly masks his disappointment with a smile and gives me a thumbs up.

"Sure, whatever" Natsuki answers. Tanaka cries in despair, and Kageyama lets out a sigh of relief and Tsukishima snickers.

Just what exactly happened?