29. Rolling Thunder Again

Sakura POV
(Sitting at the stands)

"Sakura, you don't have to sit next to me. You should go support your team," Mihane says and takes a sip of her milk tea. I shake my head. How could I not hang out with my best friend that I haven't seen in two years? It's like a dream.

"I can really only watch them," I say as I take out my camera, "Besides, I want to hang out with you, Mihane. We haven't seen each other in two years," I say, and give her a wide grin, but I see a shadow of a doubt appear on her face.

"Thanks, Sakura," Mihane says and pauses, but gets the determination to ask me something that surprises me, "Was the reason why you didn't reply back to my letters was because you were hiding something from me?" she questions and I jerk back in surprise.

"W-what are you talking about?" I force a smile as I tightly grip my camera from her sudden change of tone, "I didn't reply back to your letters because I could never figure out what to write to you," I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck with a smile on my face. I catch myself doing this gesture and stop. This is what Nishinoya does when he gets stuck in an awkward situation! Why am I copying him!?

"You don't have to hide it, I know what you did, I--" Mihane tries to say, but I'm lucky that she's interrupted by the one and only Nishinoya.

"ROLLING....THUNDER!!!" he shouts as he does a rolling receive, "...AGAIN!"

After hearing that, everyone stares at him strangely, whether it's our team, the opponents, or even the crowd. Only Hinata gawks in admiration at Nishinoya after seeing the same rolling receive performed in front of many people.

"That was perfect," he says with a grin and his chin up. Nishinoya notices me looking at him and waves at me, "How was that Sakura?" He loudly yells, directing the attention to me.

"Hahaha, that Nishinoya totally suits you," Mihane bursts out laughing and my face flushes red.

"G-good j-job Noya," I shyly shout back with my face practically hot enough to cook eggs on. Mihane frowns hearing my response.

"You've got to be kidding me," Mihane says with a deadpan expression, "Sakura, you are really lame," Mihane comments, but suddenly chuckles.

"GOOD LUCK, NOYA-SAN!!!" Mihane yells and everyone stares at us with wide eyes, even Nishinoya eyes widen, but he just gives me a silly grin as he heads off to the courts.

"Mihane, that's embarrassing," I say as I cover my red cheeks to cool them down.

"Well, Nishinoya has to prove to me that he's going to win this game, so I have high expectations for him. If they can't beat this team, who knows if they'll be able to beat Aobajohsai," she says with a straightforward face and I tilt my head in confusion.

"But why does me cheering loudly for him make a difference?" I ask and she sighs hearing my response.

"Trust me, it does," she says as she turns to the match, "Sakura, let's watch the match, I'm sure Nishinoya would love it if you watch how cool he is," she says as she leans on the railing.

"Okay," I answer, but pause and think back to something, "but what were you guys talking about when I was getting your drinks?" I ask, and notice Mihane freeze with a sweatdrop of unease.

"That doesn't matter...Let's just enjoy this match," she says avoiding the topic.

"S-sure," I say as I hold out my camera to take pictures, "don't mind me, I'm just going to take pictures of the game," I shyly tell her.

Mihane grins hearing my words, "Alright, don't mind me with my camera either," she takes out her camera from her bag, "Sakura, you have a tripod right?" Mihane asks me.