S8. Proposal

For hearing my thoughts, understanding my dreams and being my friend... For filling my life with joy by loving me with no end... Will you marry me?

Sakura POV

I wait for Yuu at the field near our old school, Karasuno High. He told me to meet him here, but I don't see him around. I take a seat on the grass and look at the river in the distance reflecting the sunset.

It's already been ten years since I first sat here with Yuu. The wind blows and I try to keep my hair in place. Coming back here brings so many happy memories from the past. The sunset view hasn't changed at all, and I'm glad it didn't. I take out my camera and take a picture.

Ten years huh?

"Sakura!" I hear a shout. I turn to the direction of the noise and see Yuu running over here. Once he reaches me, he's practically panting for air. "I'm sorry for making you wait," he says and I shake my head.

"It's fine. It's nice to come back here after so long. I saw some high school students pass by here too," I grin, "It makes me think back to the time when we used to laugh and joke around here." I look at the sunset and I'm mesmerized by the beautiful scenery.

"If you were to ask where I fell in love with you, it probably was here," Yuu states as he takes a seat next to me and my eyes widen.

"Really?" I say and he chuckles.

"Well, it took me a while to figure out my feelings, but it was here when I realized that you weren't just a regular girl," Yuu tells me and smiles, "I can never forget those times."

Memories of the past flashback when I used to be in the photography club and the boys' volleyball team. A small smile forms on my face. "I feel the same," I turn to Yuu. "Thanks for always being with me and supporting me all these years," I thank him and his face blushes red.

"I-It's not a problem," he tells me and he lightly ruffles my hair. I notice his hands are starting to shake for some reason. "Sakura, please don't run away from me right now. I'm not good at this kind of thing," Yuu mumbles as he pulls back his hair to keep himself calm.

Yuu goes down one knee and takes my hand, "S-Sakura, about ten years ago, we were here at the same spot smiling and l-laughing as friends," Yuu stutters avoiding eye contact with me as his cheeks begin to heat up. "I never knew at that time how important you were to me. You always gave me courage and made me smile every day."

He pauses and takes a deep breath "I want to be that person to protect your smile. When you're sad and need a shoulder to cry on, I want to be there for you. You always want to make people happy, but I want to make you happy," he says with passionate eyes as he takes out a blue case from his pocket. "Sakura, I want to be by your side, but not as your boyfriend," he opens the small blue case that contains a diamond ring. "Will you marry me?" he proposes.

I'm speechless and tears are falling down my eyes. I never thought Yuu would propose to me right here and now. I'm dumbstruck with pure happiness welling inside of me. I wipe the tears from my eyes and can feel my bright red cheeks warm up.

"Yes!" I answer.

A small smile forms on Yuu's face as he slips the diamond ring to my ring finger. "I love you Sakura," he says and he gives me a big hug.

I nod my head. "I love you too Yuu," I tell him with small tears of happiness streaming down my face.